Chapter 1

The sound of dress shoes running on marble echoed through one of the many large hallways of Akribus academy. They picked up pace as the student they belonged to made her way to class. She looked at her watch to see she was already 11 minutes late.
"Oh come on." She mumbled to herself as she searched for her class. Running through the halls a whirl of doors around her, a small, square Plaque reading "History 3" came into view. She stopped, panting as she swung open the door.

Mr. Rivs looked over, shocked by her abrupt appearance.
"May I help you?" He asked calmly as he pushed his reading glasses further up the bridge of his crooked nose. She smiled apologetically while brushing her long black dreads out of her face.
"I'm so sorry I'm late I was on the wrong floor and when I was running through the halls a teacher stopped me and wrote me up for being tardy and I had to wait for them to write it up and then-"
"That's quite alright," He held out his hand to silence her.
"What's your name dear?"
"Pinx Alburwood." She answered, feeling the eyes of the whole class on her. He skimmed through the long list of students' names that sat in front of him.
"Alright then, Ms. Alburwood. Please be seated so we can continue." She nodded and walked to the back of the class, taking a seat at a polished wooden desk. 

As Pinx sat down, she felt the gaze of everyone staring into her. She felt like they were attempting to peer into her soul. As the Professor continued his lecture on The War of Kin, Pinx got out a piece of parchment and began taking notes. 

"Once, there were ten Vamwari. Each categorized into two groups. The Ruaj, which includes Bekara of death, Kremlaman of darkness, Neychavez of air, Adahugia of body, Cagstillo of earth, and the Kua Los, which has Shyes of life, Hayesphira of light, Lotopi of water, Lofasia of mind, and Drogder of fire. The ten Vamwari were greatly worshipped by the people and loved by all. The people were so devoted that they built an entire city in their honour and never stepped foot in it so as not to dirty it. But over time the Kua Los grew jealous of the Ruaj. They saw how the people gave them exquisite feasts and sacrifices. They felt the Madridians respected and feared the Ruaj more than the Kua Los. While they did get feasts, they were not nearly as extravagant as the Ruaj's. This rage festered inside the Kua Los for centuries. Eventually, Lotopi of water snapped when Neychavez received a human sacrifice. The crown princess of Madrid. With rage pouring out of their body, Lotopi attacked Neychavez, greatly scarring them. The Kua Los declared war against the Ruaj and pushed them out of their home. The Ruaj turned towards the Madridians for support as they fled. The Madridians accepted their offer and took up arms with them. The battle between the Vamwari was short-lived. With the support of the Madridians, they quickly overtook the city of Vamwari. "In a fit of rage, the Kua Los cursed the city of Vamwari. 'In a millennium, one shall come. He shall take what we were robbed of! He shall have no mercy! He will bring fire to the rains, deceive the mind, and light a path to death! None shall survive him!' And with that, they were gone. The war of kin happened 1000 years ago, just last month. Some say that people have been going missing since then. Will you be next?" The professor asked. 

A gentle chiming sound filled the air, muffling the sound of relieved sighs, and paper being rustled into bags. As it ended, Pinx heard the professor say,
"Alright, I get you're excited to leave but remember. We will be studying this for the next week, and we will have a test at the end of the week so make sure to study! Have a good night everyone!" As Pinx left the classroom she began pulling out her schedule to check for her next class. 

Hunter Training 701. She was ecstatic to be taking it finally! The final class in becoming a Hunter! She had been training since she was 10 years old and she was finally going into the final class! She had heard rumours saying the current captain of the Hunters taught the class and handpicked the recruits. She was sure that she would impress and complete her lifelong dream of becoming a hunter! Wait, where was she?

 She looked around and realized that her dreaming of becoming a Hunter had gotten her lost in the corridors of Akribus Academy. She desperately looked around for any indication of where she was and saw a sign. OFFICES 1-16. She looked at her map, located the way to class, and then her watch. She could make it if she runs. She sprinted down the hallways, checking her map every so often to make sure she was going to the right place. As she rounded a corner, she accidentally rammed into someone. "OMG! I am so sorry, are you ok?" She asked.
The person looked at her fear covered face, slightly panting, and said "Uh- uh y-yes I'm fine."
"Ok. Now I am so sorry but I have to run. Places to be and such!"

Word count: 906

Other Author:
ukulelefan334 (Go follow them!)