Chapter 3

"Right, sorry. I was only wondering," she said before returning to her notes. Her face remained blank but inside her head, she was screaming 'I KNOCKED THE CAPTAIN DOWN, BARELY SAID SORRY, AND THEN RAN OFF!!! I'm fucked, aren't I'?
'I didn't mean to be rude. Oh fuck, not only that but I just asked a super personal question too. Fuck what am I writing?' 

She found that the back of her brain had accurately written down everything Mx had said. As she looked back up to the front she locked eyes with the captain and immediately looked away. She could feel her face heat up slightly as they did her best to avert her gaze. As she listed the races Mx Forast said, she quickly ran out of paper.

'Shit' she thought to herself. She contemplated raising her hand to ask if Mx. Forast had any to spare but decided against it, not wanting to interrupt her professor again. Plus she reckoned they're the type of teacher that expects you to have extra on hand. Fortunately for Pinx, someone had noticed her panicked expression as she searched for a second piece of parchment. A firm tap on the shoulder pulled her out of her frantic state and she came face to face with a Kohnit classmate who was seated beside her. Just then she noticed they were holding a blank piece of parchment in their hand. 

"This is for you," they told her as they settled it on her desk.
"Oh wow thank you so much!" She gave an appreciative look and they nodded their head in response. As they began to turn back to their work Pinx spoke up.
"What's your name?" They turned back to her and smiled before answering.
"It's Kaled Banch, pronouns Xe/Xyr. And you're Pinx Alburwood right?"
"Yup that's me!" a nervous chuckle escaped as she mentally facepalmed at the remembrance of recent embarrassing events.

"Well, hopefully, we'll be seeing each other around," Xe said, leaning back into xyr chair.
"Yeah, I would like that." She returned her focus to Mx Forast's lecture, beginning to fill her newly obtained blank sheet with all their most important points. At the end of class, Pinx gathered her pieces of parchment and walked to Mx Forast's desk. As she set the pieces down, Mx Forast said, "Excellent work Ms. Alburwood. Keep it up. I look forward to  seeing your class participation."
Pinx slightly blushed and mumbled a small thank you to them and left the classroom. As she left the doorway, she did a slight fist pump that got her some strange looks. She swiftly walked back to her dorm and slowly opened the door. She assumed that her new roommate would most likely be in said room, or coming soon, considering that was their last class of the day. As she opened the door, she saw an Isetia sitting on the bed opposite hers. Her first thought as she entered the room was, 'Wow, they've claimed their side.'

The Isetia's bed was already covered in folded and unfolded clothes and small trinkets. The tall wardrobe that stood at the end of the bed, was open and appeared to be stuffed to the brim with dark clothes and shoes. In between the two beds was a small dresser and the right side was filled with books, more trinkets and what appeared to be small vials of potions. Whereas Pinx's side was so neat that you could measure it with a ruler. Pinx walked over to her bed and sat down. She held out her hand to the dark-haired being and said, "Hello there. My name is Pinx, she/her. How about you?"

The Isetia peeked up from the book they were reading and looked skeptically across. "Sador Trat. She/her," and shook her hand.
"Look, all honesty, I don't want to get to know you. I would rather just know you as my roommate, and nothing else. I'm not here to make friends."
"Oh- yeah that's fine, just roommates then," she said, making an awkward hand gesture. Her roommate rolled her eyes and walked back over to her side of the room. She began reading a book again, serving as extra, 'Don't talk to me'. After changing out of her academy uniform in the bathroom Pinx decided it would be best to get some homework done. She sat down at her desk and started reading the chapters that were assigned to the class during history. After having to read the same paragraph about the unique architecture found within the Ruaj's palace 10 times over, She decided it might be a good idea to go outside and clear her head. 

She stood, closing her history book's pages over a bookmark. She grabbed her map on the way out to help navigate her way to an exit. Once outside the dorm, she walked down the hall to a flight of stairs. She descended the stairs until she found a door labelled 'Level 1'. She pushed the door open into a partially familiar section of the building. The map said it was 'Left Wing: section A.' From there she went down two hallways until finally finding an exit. Pinx set off down a path along the side of the school and resided on a sturdy bench with a plaque dedicating it to someone named 'Fawn S. Reel'. 'Perfect,' she thought to herself before bringing her legs up onto it as well. She leaned her head back and focused on sounds that filled the space around her. Closing her eyes she could hear the sweet short chirps of birds and the soft swaying of the trees against the wind. Feeling the breeze on her face she took a long deep breath. 

The scent of fresh spring filled her nostrils reminding her of that day in the forest. The memories came flooding in, causing her breath to hitch. Bent over trying to calm her breathing, memories filled her brain and she was helpless to stop them. Pinx stood abruptly and whipped out her map. As if on auto-pilot, she had managed to follow it to the hunter's training arena. She turned on the lights and found it empty, she wasn't exactly sure if she was allowed to be here and frankly she didn't give a damn. Pushing back tears she made her way into the changing room and grabbed her exercise clothes from her essentials bag. After changing, she walked up to one of what had to be 50 punching bags in the room and hit it furiously. Her focus was interrupted when someone behind her spoke.

"Never really pictured you as the 'Punch your feelings out' kind of person."
She whipped around to see the Captain of the Hunters standing behind her. They stood with a bemused look on their face, and their arms crossed. Her eyes became wide as she did the Hunter salute. She held her ring and middle finger down and put her hand sideways to her nose. Captain Forast just laughed and replied, "C'mon, this isn't work, you don't have to do that."
Confused, but willing, Pinx put her hand down and watched as Captain Forast walked up to the punching bag beside her and began beating it.

"Well don't let me stop you," they said, looking to Pinx. "We're just in a gym. Nothing formal here."
Pinx hesitantly walked back up to the bag and began punching it as well. She instantly felt better, knowing that she could pummel it out as hard as she could. As the thoughts of that day filled her head, she punched harder, and harder, until the punching bag was swinging wildly. Her rage was fueled even more, as she thought of the Pixie who took her parents from her. She saw the purple hand, taking something from their hand. Saw the blue eyes look back at her in fear. She saw it flying out the window, books that were stolen from her home, in hand. Soon, she was so overwhelmed by these memories, that she couldn't even see the punching bag anymore. She vaguely knew where it was, but her vision was filled with painful memories. If she could see, she would've seen Maxis stop beside her. She would've seen Maxis try to stop her. And she would've seen the bag miss her fist, and come flying at her.

Word count: 1399

Other Author:
ukulelefan334  (Go follow them!)