Woh Chaand

Dil toda toh kyun toda
Itna toh bata dete
Koi bahana kar lete
Koi toh wajah dete

Leaning into bed, she was sitting on floor hugging her knees. She heard some footsteps nearing her. She looked up to find the most familiar person, whom she loved with her heart and soul, whom she let to dig deep into her skin. He was standing there looking at her, and as expected he left again. Once again. The room, the home and her.

Fresh tears again sprung back in her eyes and her gaze fell on the picture hanging on wall before her. It was their wedding picture. Hers and his. Bela and Mahir's..

Dil toda toh kyun toda
Itna toh bata dete
Koi bahana kar lete
Koi toh wajah dete

She kept piercing the picture with her blurred gaze, just like he pierced her heart. She stood up, wiping her eyes, stumbling on her feet. She touched the picture softly and unhung the frame, clutching it tightly near her heart, she burst into loud sobs and slouched on bed.

"Mahir!!!", she wailed his name loudly. "Was it a mistake to love you insanely??", she asked in a whisper between hiccups to no one but him who wasn't even there. The pain in her heart was unbearable, something was burning inside her. It was decaying the blood flowing through the nerves.

Jab yaad tumhe main aaungi
Raaton mein bahot ghabraoge
Kya cheez gawaa'n di hai tumne
Yeh soch ke so na paoge

Mahir left her, for someone else with nothing but those tears and heart wrenching pain. He forgot those promises he made, of bringing light in her life and left her to live in darkness. What's remained for her now? For whom she left the world; had left her now, to fake those promises again with someone else.

Bela silently went to the drawer and took out the album. How happy they were! How contented she was! How complete her life was! Until few hours ago.. Does it take nothing but few words to destroy everything which is forged with such effort?

Kya cheez gawaa'n di hai tumne
Yeh soch ke so na paoge
Jo chand tumhara mera tha
Woh chaand kahan se laaoge

..."Bela! This moon. How beautiful it is, isn't it?", Mahir asked her as they sat in each others arm on the couch in balcony, wrapping a blanket around them. "It is!!", she whispered seeking intently in moon.

She slowly moved her head up to look at Mahir's face, "Mahir! Moon has so many defects, still people admire it so much. Then why if a person has flaws, we are not able to accept them? Why a disabled person is a burden?"

"You know what, why I love you so much? Because you're someone who has a heart of gold, who is so much humane, who have so much love in her heart for everyone!! I love you Bela.", he pecked her forehead...

"Why Mahir?", Bela whispered again remembering that moment before drowning in another memory.

Baatein kitni karte the
Baahon mein kho ke
'Tum jo bichhdi
Mar jaaunga main ro ro ke'

..."Mahir!! Aap na! When will you stop throwing wet towels on bed? You don't even care a bit for me, you know I have Ocd. Still!", she huffed. "I swear I will leave you if you continued this.", she said playfully when he raged listening her, "How dare you say that? How dare you say to leave me? Huh!? And I swear if you even think of leaving me. I swear, first I'll kill you then myself.", his eyes red in fury.