The Battle Begins

This chapter is dedicated to devistar as he created the best thing in the world by calling his amazing fanfiction finnfiction! I had never been so happy until I read it!

Jack's POV

I smiled to myself as I walked up the snow covered steps to the large oak doors of my home. The smell of cookies and fire welcomed me as I stepped through the open doors.

"Jack is that you?" my mom yelled from the other room.

I rolled my eye hoping to sneak into my room unnoticed, "yeah mom its me."

"Can you do me a favor and grab my bags out of the car?" she asked not bothering to ask about my day.

"Sure" I sarcastically shouted turning around and opening the doors once again. I didn't have a problem with her asking me to do something, I'm not a brat that refuses to do anything. It's the fact that she asks me even though Finn has been home for an hour or more, yet she waits for me.

My socks start to become cold and wet as I fumble with the door handle, the door frozen shut. Wiggling it slightly it popped open, despite being a fancy car it sucked in this cold weather. Grabbing her heavy bag filled with files I trudged through the snow. It sucked as it was up to my ankles, making it the worst time for me to wear my flat sole Tom's

"Thanks hun" she yells from god knows where as I step inside. Snow scattered across the floor that had been stuck onto my shoes or pants.

"Yeah no problem" I murmured placing the hefty bag on the table beside the door. Leaving behind my shoes to dry I dropped my socks in the laundry on my way to my bedroom. Unlike Finn's room mine was spotless in the terms of clothes, I couldn't stand having a dirty room so I worked tirelessly to keep it clean. The hardwood that made up the flooring of the entire house lead to a green carpet that sat around my bed, which I had positioned besides the wall. Posters of various bands and pictures from family trips lined the blue walls.

I groaned falling onto my bed, my beanie falling off, I forgot I even had that on. I flopped over so I was looking at the white ceiling not bothering to check my phone as it vibrated in my pocket.

"Jack!" Finn yelled from down the hall causing me to groan.

"Yes?" I shouted back sitting up.

"Where are you?" he shouted once again, this time closer.

"Where do you think I am?" I grumbled under my breath, "in my room!"

The door opened up, Finn sticking only his head in, "there you are."

I rolled my eyes as he entered fully, shutting the door behind himself, "why would I have lied about me being in my room?"

He shrugged grabbing a small nerf ball from my bureau and sat in my office chair, "I don't know, you never can be sure though."

"What do you want Finn?" I breathed slightly annoyed.

"Ooh nothing, I'm just bored" he smiled spinning in the chair like a child, "what do you want to do?"

"Why don't you have Jeff over so you can bother him?" I suggested just then bothering to pull out my phone. I sigh seeing that Colin had texted me about needing a ride.

"Already tried" he threw the ball up in the air catching it while the chair slightly moved, "wanna play on the Play Station?"

"I can't" I furrowed my eyebrows reading Colin's response, "Colin needs a ride up to town."

"Ooh where are you guys going" he asked interested.

I hated Colin's texting, he always talked so vague and it was hard to find out what he really wanted, "I have no idea actually, but I'm going to go pick him up and hang out with him."