Moves of the century

After a long day at school Connor followed the normal routine he did every day once the final bell rung. He waited a minute while the halls filled then cleared before exiting heading to the end of C hall and to wait for Amber and Grant, surprised to see Grant had beat him with Josh as well. They were oblivious to his approach chatting away, Grant blushing slightly as Josh said something. Smiling to himself Connor leaned against to the empty door frame listening to the conversation at hand. Josh bounced off the wall and walked to the opposite side were Grant was, "yeah so what?"

"I think it's pretty cute" Grant said bashfully, it was a side of him Connor never saw.

Josh leaned on the wall next to Connor, "I think you are pret-"

Connor was just as surprised as the other two when Amber's shout broke the trance the trio was in, "sluts I'm coming!"

Grant, seeing Connor, quickly changed. A goofy smile grew quickly across his face as he walked towards the hall, "is that what Matt yells when he's doing you and your sister?"

"You are the most disgusting person ever" Connor mumbled scrunching up his face.

Josh walked over to Connor as Grant ran, well walked briskly, down the hall towards Amber who hadn't heard his comment, "how long were you here?"

"What do you mean?" Connor inquired playing stupid, Josh tilted his head giving him a 'really?' face before Connor gave in, "basically all I heard happened after you switched to the other side."

Josh shook his head understanding, "so very little context to go off of."

"Yeah, but I think I could see what you were working up to" Connor laughed giving Josh a knowing smile, "you guys would be cute."

"Thanks, I think so to, husky puppies are pretty cute" Josh smiled.

"Yeah they are, but what does that have to do with you and Grant?"

"What do you mean? We were talking about my husky puppy I'm getting tomorrow, I thought you knew that? Why did you think I was going to ask Grant out?" Josh asked now just as confused as Connor.

"Yeah I did there was the whole cute thing and Grant blushing" Connor huffed, "whoops I guess."

Right as Amber and Grant approached Josh made a final statement, "I was working up to that though."

Connors lips quickly curled up into a smile, he was happy for Grant that he might be getting someone. I mean that might change when they get to Grants house.

~~

"Suture!" Grant yelled as the small group entered the house, the clacking sound of a plastic cup against metal bars ran through the air, "were you at baby boy?"

Josh followed the others as they took of their shoes before entering farther into the house. The wooden floors were scratched and faded just like the white walls that pointed them around the house. It wasn't a creepy type of wear and tear like in an old house in the middle of the woods, but the loving kind that the house has seen children grown and experience things. Connor smiled to Josh as he gave him an uneasy stare as the clacking grew louder much like what you would hear in jail, at least in jail movies, were inmates ran their mugs along the bars. As they approached the living room Amber quickly pulled out her earrings that stood out so brightly against her black coat, Connor patted his pockets assuring all valuables were hidden as Josh grew more uneasy. Grant turned the corner first, the sound of metal clanging against other pieces echoed through the quite halls, the other three followed behind.

"Look who's here Suture, Amber, Connor, and Josh!" Grant petted the black bird standing on the opening of its cage as it stared at the intruding humans, well human, inquisitively. Suture was a stark black crow with the feathers at the tip of his wings white as if he had just dunked the tip of his wing in a white paint bucket. The bird had been found outside of Grants house, to young to even have its eyes open, so naturally Grant took it in and it remembered. Much to nearly everyone's surprise Suture was extremely smart, as smart or smarter than most parrots, remembering people, patterns, and who he liked and didn't like.