Inches

"Whisper, whisper what are you two mumbling to each other?" I bounce up behind Grant and Amber leaving Finn behind, wedging myself between them.

"Who the hell says that?" Grant laughs looking at me stunned at the assortment of words.

"Me obviously, now what are you two whispering about?" I question once again, Finn coming to Grant's side curious as well.

Amber looked at Grant with the gaze that they gave each other when they have secret conversations, "about Grant having a crush on someone."

"Really?" I say in surprise grabbing him by the arm, "I wouldn't have thought that you would have a crush someone, your more of 'I will secretly admire your body, but that's it' kinds of guy. And why haven't you told me yet!"

Grant quirked his mouth in a way of expressing his discomfort for being in the spotlight against his will, "no one that concerns meat head over here."

"Hey!" Finn says grabbing his heart as if hurt, "I'm hurt from that statement."

"Well don't be so sensitive then" Grant suggested raising his eyebrows, "yeah?"

"Alright stop picking on Finn and spill!" I demand grabbing him by the arm and dragging him to the side, "who?"

Grant bit his lip thinking adverts this eyes to everywhere but me, "umm, its, uhh, Will."

"Will? From science? Really?" I was actually surprised, "not to be offensive but his a bit behind on the cognitive side."

"Do I judge you on your crush choices?" He grumbles sending a glare at a giggling Amber. She was most likely enjoying the discomfort he was going through.

"No, sorry, just surprising that's all" I shrug trying to shake off the awkwardness of the situation.

"It's fine" he stammers heading back to Amber, promptly hitting her in the shoulder.

Finn walks up besides me, "so did you find out?"

"Yeah, a little surprising on his choice" I say looking up at him as he shakes his head knowingly.

He turns his head, a cocky smile plastered onto his face, "yeah you can't really choose those sorts things."

I advert my eyes focusing on Amber and Grant who were now bickering like little kids in front of us, "yeah, ooh by the way your brother was looking for me, you know why?"

"No idea" Finn says, his voice a little tenser.

"Grant!" Amber shouted pushing him away as he laughed like a little kid.

"What?" I questioned turning my attention to my friends.

Grant chuckled shaking his head, "nothing, nothing at all."

"Awe come on spill!" I begged a little.

Finn was now intrigued, "yeah what?"

"You really want me to spill?" Grant questioned an evil smirk playing at his lips.

I hesitated, "yeah never mind, I don't trust that look."

"Good" Grant smiled, "I was running through the 6 with my woes!"

"Ooh alrighty then" Amber laughed turning forward as we approached our little spot. The school was set up like a square, classrooms and such on the outside and a courtyard in the middle, with small spring off hallways leading into the courtyard.

"Can you calm down" Amber scoffed taking off her back packet and sliding it down the small hallway.

"What happened to walking?" Finn asked confused as we turned down the small hallway. Grant fell onto the ground sighing in relief from, well, something.