Saints and Sinners

I bit my nail nervously, it was math and I hadn't seen Grant or Amber sense they stormed off after the fight. It was hard choice to stay or go after them earlier in the morning, but when I looked down the hall they had already disappeared so there was no reason in searching for them. Shortly after the fight we all parted ways, I wasn't sure how this class was going to play out, Grant, Jack, and Finn were all in this class and assumably the twins were going to sit near us. I bit my lip nervously as Grant came in, he walked quickly through the hexagon tables as he made his way towards me. "Hey Grant, how are you doing?"

"Normal, I guess" he shrugged dropping his backpack down and sitting next to me.

"Yeah, school only gives you a couple moods of depression, anger, and frustration to mess around with" I threw my hand through my hair quickly fixing my hair and messing it up at the same time.

"So I learned something" Grant sighed, "we aren't choosing our partners anymore, the first block was such a mess she took it away."

I groaned, "this is going to suck."

"For you there shouldn't be a problem. If it's anyone besides you I am done for, I know no one in here and those who I do I'd rather not work with" Grant picked at the table were the wood was exposed from constant picking

"Nah, I don't think there will be a problem for you."

"Are you kidding me?" He laughed slightly, "this is an external project, meaning we aren't doing this bull in school, I am going to get stuck with some weird kid and I'm going to have to work with him either at my house or in public. I would rather they didn't know where I live, but also I don't want to be seen with some of them as some are just, just gross like that kid that touches himself in class."

I just chuckled playing with the table wheel. Looking up slightly I saw Jack walk in, bitting his bottom lip looking over the room before spotting me, "I have no idea how this block is going to play out."

Grant looked at me in confusion before the scrapping of zippers against the tile floor and the sound of the rickety plastic chair being pulled out turned his attention to Jack, "hey guys, sorry for earlier Grant, my brother can be a bit of a hot head at times."

Grant shook his head but didn't say anything turning his attention to his sleeves which were rolling down his arms, he weirdly liked them rolled up past his elbow even when it's cold, "hey Jack, what's up?"

"Just getting ready for a fun class of math" he said sarcastically

"Yeah, should be a real thriller" I reply watching Finn enter the room chewing on a piece of gum surveying the room as if it was his own.

I moved my leg slightly, "in coming."

Smirking cockily he sat down next to his brother, "hey guys."

"Hey Finn" I was the only one to great him, Grant ignoring everyone and Jack sending him a glare.

"So Connor, wanna back out on my brother and work on it me instead?" He questioned giving me a puppy dog face before breaking out in a smile, "I'm just kidding, you guys work together."

Jack's facial expression suddenly changed, "what did you do?"

"Nothing" he smiled happily as the teacher entered with a stack of papers.

"So class, as many of you know, or should know, there's a project you and a partner have to work on together outside of school. I will not be explaining it as the packet does and it's all up to you guys, I don't need to hold your hands through everything now" she reached into her brief case shuffling through papers. "As many of you may also know the plan was to let you choose your own partners, but due to the behavior of the first class I will not be giving you that privilege and I will be assigning you partners."

There was a collective groan from nearly the entire class besides for Grant, preoccupied with the destruction of school property, "you'll get over it, sorry that I am making you expand your friend circle and expanding your social skills."

Jack moved around in his seat sending death glares at Finn who was seemingly paying attention to the teacher, "so let's go through and see who's with who, when I call your names go sit together. I will give you your packets at the end of class, but you will be accountable for the work today." She started listing off partners, quiet grumbles and sighs filled the air as people moved around the room following directions, "Jack H with Emma B, Connor F with Finn H, Drake R with Grant D, and Susan G with Joseph T. Now everyone find their partners who haven't already and start to work."

I waved to Grant who's face was written with frustration, Drake was known for his drug any contribution from him unlikely. I turned to Finn who was smiling widely, Jack already gone to sit with his partner. "So, Finn, it didn't matter that he called me first apparently."

"Yeah it didn't" he shrugged smiling, "so tonight, my house for the project?"

"Why your house?" I question smirking, "to scared to bring condoms to my place?"

"What!" He said wide eyed blushing brightly.

"I'm just teasing you!" I scoff, "I'm not that slutty, at least take me on a date first."

"Ooh okay" he laughed awkwardly rubbing his face, "I was very confused."

"It's okay, I can help you" I grab his hand reassuringly.

"Shut the hell up and let's get to work" he chuckled pulling his hand away from me to grab his pencil as he sent me a cocky smirk.

~~~~~

"Wait so your stuck with Drake?" Amber laughed picking apart her school lunch, tossing the wheat patties to the side exposing the deformed patty. "Are you going to snort some cocaine and shoot up some heroine?"

Grant groaned, "no, but I won't be eating any brownies. I don't want to go over and do the project with him, I'll probably just do it by myself even though I said I would come over tonight."

"Awe come on guys, give him a shot!" I said feeling slightly bad, sure the kid did drugs, but that doesn't mean he's going to do something, "just cause he does some drugs doesn't mean he is going to force you to do some, maybe he just wants to work on the project. You guys could become friends, besides I would tell if you did it by yourself."

Grant glared, "I hate you so much, guilting me into doing this. If anything happens to me then it's you I'm coming after."

"Go right ahead, I'm going to Finn's to do the project and Drake just lived down the road" I opened the plastic zip up bag of chips, Amber stealing one as she devoured her patty, "and with that you can also give me a ride."

"I actually can't, mom gave away my car as of tonight to Mark for his night classes so I'm stuck at home after school" Grant sighed in between bites of his granola bar.

"What happened to his car?" Amber questioned.

"Well he found out that his car doesn't handle well going over lakes" Grant smiled, "so the 'family' has to compromise so everyone's happy as it wasn't his fault. That just means that I have to comprise and by that they mean I have to give the car I paid for to him."

"That sucks" I say, "I guess I can drive, I mean I'd have to get permission but still."

"What about work?" Amber asked.

"Dads driving me and blaming it all in me" Grant shook his head upset. "Gotta love the fan'."

"Yeah, I'll pick you up around 5:30 and drop you off and once your done just call me and I'll wrap things up and we will go" I explained.

"That sounds great, and by wrapping things up you mean sex right?" Grant laughed causing Amber to look at him in disgust.

"Your terrible" I look away hiding my blushing face.