Forced

(I'm going to try a new writing style, let me know if you prefer this or the old one)

To much to late, Connor dropped the empty container that used to hold fries into the Wendy's bag impatiently waiting for Grant. Popping a mint seeing as the other boy became visible crossing the street, obviously upset with being forced to go.

"I hate you" Grant unhappily grumbled stepping into the old pick up truck, "and your shitty car, truck, rust bucket."

Connor shrugged, "it gets me from A to B."

"While dropping half of the parts as you go and I don't see why you are forcing me to go and do this, its not going to end well."

"Ooh hush up, I'll be just down the street, you can call me if anything does. Besides you should at least give him a chance" He states giving the other boy a motherly glance as whilst heading down the snowy road.

Barely audible Grant grumbles a response looking out the window, "this is hell."

"Ooh it's not that bad, I'm the one in trouble" staying focused on the road Connor sighs running his hand through his hair.

Bursting out in laughter the slightly smaller boy coughed out, "yes being stuck with a guy you have a crush on is just dreadful!"

"Okay I don't know if I have a crush on him or not" rolling his eyes, "and I'm more likely to make a mistake while working with him than when we are just talking."

"Right."

Stopping outside of the house a very unhappy Grant stumbles out, grumbling a goodbye. Awkwardly the old truck turned around before going down the street a bit to Finn and Jack's house, parking in the spacious drive way. With a deep breath as Connor pulls the key out of the ignition, the old motor sputtering as it died for the time being, pulling on the door handle letting a cold gust of air invade the warmth of the car. The snow crunched as Connor walked, the sound echoing through the dead air, birds vacating the area long ago. Clearing his throat Connor knocked on the massive oak door, the house was huge, at least three stories painted a creamy white, blending in with the white snow. Black shutters stood out against the white background highlighting the closed windows, shades mostly drawn to keep the heat in at this time of year.

"Hey!" Jack smiled happily peeking only his head out from the confines hidden behind the oak door. Rubbing his hand through his hair messing it up slightly he opened it slightly more, "come on in."

"Thanks" slipping past the massive oak door the warm air quickly attacked Connors face, "you have a nice house."

"If you like spacious" he shrugged in his baggy white shirt that fell unevenly over his black sweatpants, it was weird to see him dressed more casual then usual.

"I do, but I would probably get lost in a house like this. Besides I wouldn't personally need this much space to myself, I would get lonely" Connor laughed using his own feet to pull off the soaked shoes.

"You do" Jack laughed approaching Connor, "but your here now, so I won't be!"

"Well you will also have math, be excited for that to!" Connor groaned pulling out the crumpled stack of papers from his pocket.

Jack narrowed his eyes, confused, "you fit the entire instruction packet in you pocket? Why didn't you just carry or bring your bag?"

"That's more work, work I don't need to do" Connor scoffed jokingly, "god."

~~~

Smiling at Finn, Connor threw the small marshmallow into his open mouth from across the bed. Sitting Indian style on the large King sized bed in Finn's room, the two had given up on the work a while ago instead making hot chocolate and a few other snacks while chatting about random things.

His hands shot above his head in triumph once he caught the small treat with his teeth mid air. Swallowing it he chuckled, "your a fun guy, I don't know why we weren't friends before."

"I don't know either" Connor laughed shrugging his shoulders before grabbing his mug off the bed side table and taking a sip of the chocolaty liquids.

"Well" Finn said moving closer, "I'm glad we are now."

Connors breath hitched as the gap between them shrunk, "yeah, now I have three, or possibly four. So many I can't keep track!"

Finn smiled cheekily, "and who would those three, possibly four, be?"

"Well there's Grant, Amber, now you, and possibly your brother" shrugging, the list wasn't much but it was not the number that matter, it's who makes up that list that does.

"Who do you like more, my brother or I?" The larger boy questioned cocking his head slightly as he did.

"Well that's not very nice to ask" Connor laughs.

"Who said I was always nice" Finn winked edging closer so their knees touched and leaning forward closing the gap, "sometimes I like being a little mean. So who is it?"

Heart beating a million miles per hour Connor taped the lining of his own jaw, he had no intention on telling him, but he could at least make him think that. Out of nowhere his phone vibrated vigorously on top of the table beeping as it did. Reaching over Connor sent Finn an apologetic look grabbing his phone seeing that Grant was calling, "hello?"

Grants voice came over raspy and wavering, "come get me, I don't want to be hear anymore."

"What's going on? Is everything all right?" The intimate moment that Finn had been working up to was shattered, it was like messing up the last button on a fight sequence during a final battle costing you the game. To Connor though it was much bigger, but his friend came before his love life, well creating one. Connor stood up from the bed, "I'm grabbing my stuff now just talk to me."

Taking a deep stating breath, well at least sounding like from over the phone, Grant quickly explained, "we were working on the project, well I was, and he excused himself to the bathroom coming back obviously high. So I was desperately trying to focus on the work and then out of nowhere he whips his hard on out and tried to rape me! I hit him in the head with my book before grabbing my stuff and locking my self in the bathroom! I'm fucking shaking, hurry up and get here I'm scared as all hell!"

"Okay, stay calm Grant. Just breath" Connor desperately tried to calm his distraught friend as he quickly gathered his things, Finn confused but trying to be helpful, "I will be there soon, stay where you are. I need to hang up so I can do things faster, I will call you when I am at the door."

"O-okay" Grant said his voice wavering, "I'll be waiting, be quick."

Hanging up Connor sent an apologetic look to Finn as he bagged up the last of his things, "I need to go, Grants in big trouble."

Biting his lip he answered, "it's no problem, I understand. Do you need any help?"

"No it's fine I should be able to handle it" Connor shook his head, mind racing while he quickly retreated to the front of the house to put on his shoes.

"Is it something you can tell me?" Finn questioned.

"No not really, sorry about this" finally half hazardously bundled up Connor quickly runs out into the cold black night to his sleeping truck. As quickly as he could Connor made his way to the hell house seeing Grant out on the porch curled up on the chair. Noticing his friends advancing car Grant pulled himself up and made his way to the humming vehicle.

"Are you okay? Do I need to call the police?" Connor questioned frantic for answers as his traumatized friend entered the car.

"No, no" Grant said in a hushed tone buckling himself up, "I just want to go home."