Time Stops

My heat was pounding, I looked around and I was in my father's bed. I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom, I looked like I was ran over. My hair was a mess, my eyes were puffy, and my clothes were the same from yesterday. My heart ached for the lost of my family but I knew I was now the leader and I had to get the Romano's back. I went to my room and took a shower, I washed my hair and just left it out. I put on a red spaghetti strap dress, a black leather jacket, and black leather boots. I walked to my sister's room, I haven't seen her in a week and she was probably hurting as much as I was. When I walked in she was on her bed watching tv.

"Buon giorno mia sorella (good morning sister), how are you ?" I sat next to her and wrapped her into my arms.

"I'm tired Caterina," she said looking straight at the tv. A tear fell down her face and I gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"I know, but I won't let the Romano's get away with this." I whispered in her ear

"I.... I can't lose you too.... promise me..... please." Her voice was cracking and I knew I had to stay alive for her, without me she has nobody.

"I promise," I said to her and we just laid there staring at the tv in silence.

The emergency alarm for a meeting sounded and I kissed her forehead and left, I went to the meeting room and there he was. Louis Romano in my house with Luca Romano, they were obviously stripped of any weapons at the door so I could easily kill them right now. Louis stepped towards me and I backed up, I shook my head mouthing don't.

"Caterina you have to know we didn't think Lorenzo would kill your father," Louis said to me and he looked sincere. I trusted him but not Luca.

"But he did," I pointed at Luca," and you hurt me because I took revenge." I said to Luca.

"I'm sorry principessa and I don't want to fight I want things between us to be better, not like generations before us." Luca words didn't mean nothing to me he was a Romano and I knew better then to trust one. I looked at Marcello and he nodded at me. Marcello took out his gun and pointed it at them.

"Please Caterina, we're not here to fight, we're not like Lorenzo." Louis pleaded to me but I didn't know what to believe.

*** GUNSHOT***

I couldn't believe what just happened. Marcello pointed his gun at me and Luca jumped in front of me and took the bullet. Louis grabbed the gun from Marcello and held him down. Luca was smiling at me in my arms bleeding, I don't know why but tears rushed down my face. My men came in and I held Luca in my arms, "HELP! HELP PLEASE !!!" I begged the men, they picked up Luca and brought him into our infirmary. I followed them but my men held me back saying I couldn't see him now because they had to do surgery.

I went back to the meeting room and told my guards to lock up Marcello. My uncle tried to kill me and I wanted to know why, he was dad's best friend, how could he. I started crying and Louis helded me in my arms, "don't cry it'll be ok." Being in his arms felt wrong, I kept imagining it was Luca holding me like how he did that night. I finally pulled myself together and Louis and I walked into the cells and saw Marcello.

"Why?" I looked at Marcello and I just wanted to know why.

"I was supposed to take over, not a girl." Marcello looked at me in disgust, I punched him in his face.

"I can't believe you, you sound like grandfather." I said to him.

"I rather die then follow under your leadership," he said spitting by my foot.

I grabbed him by his shirt and said "Death is too kind for you, you will rot in this cell till you die." I punched him and left. I felt powerful I stood up to my enemy and in that moment I knew I would be a great leader. Louis and I went to the living room and discussed about the future for our mafia.

"What now," Louis asked me.

"I will become the leader of the Medici's and I will continue to work hard to keep the title of number one mafia in Italy," I told Louis, "What about you guys."

"Luca will be the next leader and I will stay with him to keep him in check." He said looking down at the floor.

"Is this something you want," I asked putting my hand in his hand.

"No but I have to Luca needs me," He moved in closer and leaned in. "You look pretty in that dress." He said whispering into my ear, he leaned in more. He was going to kiss me, but did I want him to ?