Happyily Ever After

The next morning I woke up to an empty bed. I smelled pancakes so I followed the smell which led me to the kitchen. I saw Angelica and Alessandro sitting in their baby chairs around the table which had pancakes, bacon, orange juice, fruits, and eggs on it. Luca was flipping pancakes, I walked up to him and gave him a kiss.

"Did you make all of this," I said smiling at him.

"Si, I thought it would be nice for us to have our first family breakfast." Luca said smiling back at me.

I sat around the table and while Luca finished cooking I breast fed the babies. Once Luca finished he sat next to me and we ate and talked. It was so romantic and brought me so much joy to be together. After breakfast I cleaned up while Luca put the babies down for a nap. Luca took me to the garden in our backyard and there was wine and two glasses.

"What's this for," I asked him

"You'll see," he said smiling at me. Luca pulled out a box out of his pocket. "Will you marry me?"

My heart dropped, I leaped into his arms kissing him. We laid on the grass and I said to him, "I thought you would never ask." We smiled at each other and kissed. We drank some wine and talked about the wedding. We wanted to do something small with us and Carmella and Louis at the beach.

*** A year later ***

Today was the day, I was getting married to the love of my life. Carmella helped me get dress at her house. I grew up here and to be getting ready for my wedding day here felt like a dream. I had on a  silky white long dress with no straps and silver high heels. My hair was back in a bun and I had on a floral veil on.

"Are you ready," Carmella asked me.

"No, but with you by my side I am." I smiled giving her a kiss on the forehead.

As we go to the beach I saw Luca standing there in a black tuxedo and a white buttoned down shirt with the first two buttons open. Angelica walked in front of me throwing Rose petals. Carmella held my hand and walked me down the aisle and Luca took my hand and smiled at me. Alessandro gave me and Luca the rings.

"Do you Caterina Medici take Luca Romano to be your lawfully wedded husband." The priest asked me.

"I do," I smiled.

"And do you Luca Romano take Caterina Medici to be your lawfully wedded wife." The priest asked Luca.

"I do," he said smiling at me.

"I now pronounce you Mr and Mrs Romano, you may kiss the bride." The priest said. Luca took off my veil, dipped me, and kissed me. My life was whole and I felt complete.