The confession

Remus found his eyes once again drifting to Sirius, the way he bit his lip when he was stressed and how his smile could light up a room. Butterflies swarmed in his stomach and his heart was filled with love. Despite the warm feeling he got when thinking about Sirius, Remus knew OWLS were coming up and he had to focus!

He knew Sirius was straight and could never like him back but he had to get these feelings out somehow! Since telling him was not an option (Remus couldn't risk losing their friendship), he came up with another plan, one that was sure to help!

He was going to write Sirius a letter spilling his heart out in every word, but he would never say who wrote it...

x  Sirius Orion Black  x
I didn't know how to say this but i had to tell you somehow. I think you are the most beautiful person I have ever met and your laugh makes me blush every time. I love how you make everyone laugh with one joke or the flash of a smile. It makes me wonder every time how one person can be so perfect, can be everything. Whenever i see you it becomes the best day of my life, you make my heart swell up so much it could burst. You are the light in my darkest times and although it's obvious you will never feel the same way, I need you to know... I love you

Yours forever
     -  ? x

And with the last dot, it was done. He was shaking as he gave the owl his letter. Anxious, he had no idea how this would turn out, but somehow it felt right. "Go, go find Sirius," Remus said to the owl, as it flew away seeking to deliver the important message. 'Too late now' Remus thought as he watched the owl soar...

* * * * * * * * * *

Sirius was bored out of his mind while doing his charms essay. Distracted, he shot sparks from his wand watching them dance around the room. 'God I wish today was more interesting' he thought, absentmindedly waving his wand. When suddenly out of the corner of his eye he saw a tawny owl swooping towards his window. Intrigued by the owl's delivery, he sat up straighter and wondered if the letter was for him?

Gracefully, the owl landed next to Sirius, dropping a letter onto the table. The envelope read Sirius in beautiful handwriting. It was sealed with a beautiful gold wax that sparkled in the sunlight, although Sirius had never seen that crest before. Confused, he tried to think who could have sent it. Carefully, he prised open the seal eager to read the words inside.

Flabbergasted, he stared wide-eyed at the letter. This certainly made the day more interesting! So many thoughts raced through his mind, he never thought anyone would like him in that way. But one question was at the front of his mind; Who sent it‽ He turned the letter over in his hands, searching for any clue as to the author. But there was nothing, not so much as an initial! 

Barely paying attention to his surroundings, the letter occupying all his attention, Sirius stumbled into the common room. Scanning the room for someone acting fidgety or strange, he noticed that everyone seemed completely normal, unaware of the mind fuck of a letter Sirius had just recived. "Oi Pads!" James shouted from the other side of the room, he gestured for sirius to come sit with him, Moony and Wormtail. Sirius obliged.

"Hey you haven't seen anyone acting weirdly have you?" Sirius mentioned to the group. "No why?" James responded. "Don't worry about it". From Sirius' strange behaviour, Remus knew he had read the letter, and was doing his best not to give off any signs the letter was from him. Remus knew Sirius would be looking for his secret admirer, but comforted himself, saying that Sirius would have no reason to suspect him. I mean he wasn't even out to them for Merlin's sake! Yet still anxiety ate him from the inside out.

Nothing, absolutely nothing! Sirius had been trying to figure who it was all evening and had come up with nothing! Even in the great hall with everyone there, no one so much as looked at him weirdly. The most confusing part for him was that this had come out of nowhere, none of the boys knew he was gay and as far he knew he was the only gay boy! Not to mention he was surprised that he was close enough with any of the girls for them to feel that strongly about him. It just didn't make any sense! He started running through possibilities in his head.