Drunken Love

Moony! Get under here before Minnie catches us!" James whisper shouted from across the room.

"Alright, Alright. Coming" Remus grabbed his coat from the bed post and scurried under the invisibility cloak.

"Ready boys!" cried James

"Uhhhhhh" groaned the other three in unison
"And shhhh" added Remus, looking around for any sign of a teacher.

Together, the four troublemakers set off down the hall, murmuring excitedly about breaking so many school rules. Soon they had reached the front doors and edged quietly out of them, before ripping off the cloak and running full speed down the lawns. With darkness masking where they went, they reached the mountain just outside school boundaries and got ready to apparate.

"I still can't believe you talked us into going to a muggle club, Prongs"

"Oh shut it Moony, we're of age anyway" James said the last bit with a sophisticated accent to prove a point (or at least what he thought was sophisticated).

"Not according to muggles we're not'

"Yeah maybe Moony's right we should go back." Peter was shaking a little and clearly the most scared of the group.

"Woah Peter, I never meant we should turn back. I'm gonna be black out drunk by the end of tonight!"

"Yay go Moony! Alright everyone, time to go" James offered his hands to Sirius and Peter and Remus took hold of Sirius' free hand. Almost immediately, everything went black and the group felt the feeling of being squashed through time and space.

*Crack*

The group reappeared, on a busy street in the middle of a bustling city. In front of them was a building with music so loud you could hear it very clearly from where they were standing.

"Is Lily meeting us here or inside?"

"Should be here any second"

And just like clockwork there was another loud crack and Lily was standing next to them. Filled with excitement and nerves, they walked through the doors and were assaulted with blasting music and drunk people falling over themselves.

"Whoohoo!" Screamed Sirius, and Remus couldn't help but laugh at how stupid he looked.

Together they found a table, but as soon as they'd had one drink James and Sirius were on the dancefloor. Not wanting to be left out, Peter got up to join them (clearly out of his comfort zone) This left Lily and Remus alone at the table.

"Happy birthday, Remus"

"Thanks, Lils" Remus replied, downing another shot of vodka, which in his opinion was way worse than firewhiskey.

"Alright, we're out in a muggle town, what are you crazy plans for tonight!"

"Get really drunk!" and with that he stood up and offered his hand for a dance.
Rolling her eyes, but grinning she took it, and Remus pulled her into the centre of the club.

The room was ridiculously loud and strobe lights flashed. High and drunk people were everywhere, and it was impossible not to get caught up in the atmosphere. At first Remus was dancing with Lily, then James and Sirius, and before he knew it; complete strangers. The whole night felt like a fever dream and Remus was downing round after round, becoming so drunk he could barely stand on his own two feet. He went back to their table to avoid collapsing (still with a drink in hand though), and Lily went to join him.

"You know Lils, James is gonna think you've dumped him for me at this rate."

"Oh shut up," She said playfully nudging him, but making him choke on his beer, "besides it's your birthday."