Absolutely Smitten

A Nice fluffy one to make up for last time :)

There he sat, hair glowing golden in the sunlight, focused intently on the book he was reading. Sticking his tongue out in concentration, he turned the page and I couldn't help but stare. He looked almost angelic, the way the light surrounded him, I felt caught up in his aura. Although the library was packed, I swore it could have been just us, nothing else but him seemed to matter.

"Oi, quit swooning and help me with the transfiguration." Lily said, offhandedly.

"Huh, what? I wasn't..."

"Wasn't staring at Moony? Yes you were."

"No, I just zoned out."

"Yeah, and I'm about to agree to date James Potter."

"Never say never.... Ow" (Lily had hit me round the head with a hardback book)

"Serves you right" she settled down beside me, and began to flick through her homework.

"Still haven't figured out the teapot thing yet then?"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The common room was swarming with activity, the party in full swing, but I could only seem to watch him. We had just won the house cup, and as usual a lot of dancing and alcohol ensued. Music was blaring, and yet at every movement he made the world seemed to fall silent. I could have had my pick of every girl in the room and still the only person who captured my attention was him. Wearing an oversized jumper and barely even involved in the party, he was still the most interesting thing around.

My breath caught in my throat as I made my way over to him, 'It's only Moony' I thought, 'Why are you nervous?'. Only Moony. With every step I took, he seemed further away. 'What is going on, you've been friends since first year, why all of a sudden are you struggling to talk to him?!'. Inevitably, I reached him and all words seemed like they'd be a marathon to say.

"Hey, Moony," I said, false confidence radiating off of me.

"What's up Pads?" He replied with an effortless smile. God he is so perfect. 'Why would you think that?!'

"Nothing much, just checking in on our resident golden boy."

"Oh shut up, I'm partying just as much as you are."

"In what world is reading in a corner partying?"

"Prick." He shoved me, and I nearly toppled into the food table. I managed to (mostly) keep my balance, and walked back into the crowd, laughing. The interaction had been so normal, why was my heart humming with excitement?

Later, once everyone else had long been asleep, I lay awake, tossing and turning, my mind occupied with confusion and thoughts of him. I would look back on that night and think about how stupid I had been, but in that moment I'd had no idea why I suddenly felt so different towards Remus. Despite all the obvious signs, I didn't even consider I liked him, the idea just seemed do foreign to me.

At breakfast the next morning, I had a rather unpleasant surprise. Tired but otherwise ok, I sat down next to James at the table.

"Morning guys" I smiled, reaching for the bacon.

"Morning," James had an unmistakable smirk on his face that either meant he had a bad idea for a prank or something really annoying to say. "Moony's got news"

"Oh shut it Prongs, it's not a big deal."

"Oh yes it is"

"Come on, i wanna know." I really was getting very curious at this point.