Chapter 24

~~~

Chapter 24

Sunlight streamed through the blue patterned curtains of the room where Andrea lay, casting a blue hued glow over the place. She rubbed her eyes and sat up, a little too fast and held her head as the room spun before her. Not good.

She collapsed back on the bed and groaned. How much had she drunk last night? A nauseous sensation empowered her thoughts and she found herself up again, running out of the room she was in to find a bathroom, her hand on her mouth.

She found one soon enough and just in time too because as soon as she entered that sea green tiled room, she hurled in the sink, not caring of her locks got in the way.

She saw someone enter the dimly lit bathroom from the corner of her eye and twitched as it pulled her away from her face. She held on to the porcelain sink from exhaustion and exhaled, trying not to look at the chunks of her puke in the sink. She closed her eyes and heard someone running the tap, no doubtingly erasing the traces of her sickness.

"You okay?" he asked. So it was a 'he'. She opened her eyes and glanced at the boy from under her eyelashes. It was Noah. Noah Anderson. The same Noah Anderson who had made her best friend, Susie, cry. What was he doing here? Wait, what was she doing here?

"I'm fine. Where am I?" she asked confusedly, standing up and confronting him. He motioned at her to follow him out the bathroom where they stood. "Perhaps it'd be better if I explained outside the toilet. And maybe put some food in you too." he chuckled cheekily and did the 'Ladies first' gesture. 

"Oh no. You can go ahead. I know why boys do that. It's because they want to stare at your butt." she countered bluntly. Noah looked at her incredulously for a while before bursting out in peals of laughter. "It's true!" she said defiantly, crossing her arms on her chest in frustration. 

He put both his hands in the air and said, "Fine! As long as you come of of this stinky bathroom!"

They walked down the hallway to where a magnificently old staircase lay. "I'm not even going to try saying 'Ladies first' again!" he said and stumbled down the stairs. Andrea followed him, curiously looking around her surroundings. It was a pretty house, she had to grudgingly admit, with just the right sizes of windows to let just the right amount of sunlight in. She loved the sun and sunny places and houses with just the right sunlight streaming inwards.

"Cereal? Or do you prefer toast? A pop tart maybe?" he asked as she stepped into the airy kitchen. Noah was standing behind a marble counter and held a packet of raspberry pop tarts in a hand and a box of corn flakes in the other. Andrea ignored him and moved to sit on the island in the middle of the kitchen. She looked around at Noah's organized kitchen and reminisced about the all little things here that were missing back at her house. She noticed Noah watch her intently from the corner of her eye and sighed. "I don't mind anything really."

"Cereal it is!" he exclaimed and brought out a bowl from a cupboard and poured a few flakes of corn into it. She studied his movements and took in his features. His dark curls fell across his forehead as he bent over, pouring some milk in, and noticed the way his eyes crinkled in annoyance when the milk bottle's cap wouldn't close. No wonder Susie had been obsessed with him, she thought. Thinking of Susie, she gasped inaudibly. She had totally forgotten about ditching her friend at the party for some guy. Said guy being Noah, someone Susie had grown to hate. A throbbing headache had taken its toll on her by then and she held her head in her hands, groaning at the pain.

"Aspirin?" asked Noah and placed two tablets with a glass of water in front of her. She nodded and gave him a little smile in gratitude. "Welcome to my place, I guess!" he said exuberantly after a while.