Chapter 21

A/N: New chapter! Big love. Xx.

~~~

Chapter 21

Susie's dress felt all wrong. It was tight in all the wrong places, showed too much skin and made her feel like a prostitute. Heck, even prostitutes wouldn't dare wear what she was wearing. A tightly fitted, sleveless, leather dress and combat boots. The cobat boots had been Andrea's idea. "Suze! You okay in there?" shouted Andrea, knocking the door of the bathroom. She took a calming breath and smoothed out her dress before unlocking the door to face her friend.

"Woah! You are one hot tamale!" whistled Andrea appreciatively. Andrea wasn't looking bad herself, her short, bottle green halter neck dress complemented her wild hair and the gorgeous heels she wore made her legs look a mile long.

"You don't look so bad yourself partner," replied Susie smiling. She still wasn't sure of the dress but if Andrea said she looked good in it, there was no doubt about it. Still, she couldn't resist peeking into the mirror to see her reflection one last time before they left.

"I think I should change..." she said slowly after scrutinizing herself closely in the mirror. Andrea stopped putting away her make up. "Honey, you look gorgeous. Plus we have no time!" she said after a while.

Susie lingered near the mirror for a little while longer, frowning. "This isn't me, y'know."

"Which is why this is so perfect! No one will see you as Stalker Susie!"

"Stalker Susie? They used to call me that?" asked Susie, her frown deepening.

"Yeah, but that's in the past! Now they'll call you Smokin' Susie!" interjected Andrea quickly and dragged her out of the room before she could protest any further.

The ride to Jay's was quiet. Susie wasn't talking and Andrea was too excited to care. Susie was deep in thought. Did the people at her school really call her Stalker Susie? Would dressing up this provocative really help her refurbish her image? Or worse, would people now call her Slutty Susie. She cleared her head of such thoughts and focused on the party. Gate crashing a high school party? She could now cross it off her bucket list.

"Oh my God, we're here!" squealed Andrea, breaking her flow of thoughts.Susie looked up and saw a huge house the size of Glendale up ahead. They were at the wrough iron gates of the place and a security guard stood near them, a remote and a list in his hands.

"This is like sneaking into a club!" whispered Andrea excitedly.

"Shush!"

The guard noticed Andrea's mom's beat up Civic and walked to the passenger side. "Name?" he asked dryly.

"McKenzie. McKenzie Evans." replied Andrea, as cool as a cucumber.

The guard narrowed his beady eyes at her but didn't say anything. He turned to the list, his eyeballs moving in circles as he scanned it for McKenzie Evans. Susie sucked in some air. "Fuck." she whispered and Andrea shot her a warning glance.

He nodded and turned to Susie. "And you are...?"

Susie's eyes widened, she did not expect to be asked that question. from the corner of her eye, she saw Andrea mouthing something but she couldn't make it out. Without another moment's hesitation, she blurted out the first thing that came to her mind.

"I no speakin' English."

Andrea face palmed herself but reverted to her original composure. "She's with me. Jay said I could bring a friend."

The guard shrugged and pressed a button on the remote. The gates swung open and their car rambled in. Susie let out the breath she was holding.

"I no speakin' English? I no speakin' English! Oh God, Susan. Seriously?" asked Andrea after they had passed through. She shook her head but had an amused smile on her face.

"Hey! I'm not a fast thinker, okay?" smiled Susie as Andrea pulled into an empty parking space. Andrea rolled her eyes, "Clearly."

"Shut up!" she laughed.

They got out of the car and walked to the main doors of the buliding where an earthquake seemed to be building up. "I hope we're not too early.." mumbled Andrea, checking her watch.

"Hey I was wondering..."

"Yeah?"

"McKenzie Evans is going to kill us on Monday."

"Meh, she isn't coming."

"How do you know?"

"She's my stepsister. We're both Evans? Gosh, Suze. That's a super low level of density." replied Andrea lightly but her jaw was tense and there was a hint of steel in her eyes.

Susie digested this piece of information and then swatted Andrea on the arm. "Let's just have fun and stop about the remarks about my blondeness for once."

"That's my girl." grinned Andrea.

They looked at each other and Susie rubbed her hands on her dress. "One, two, three." said Andrea in undertone and they entered their first and last high school party.

~~~

A/N: I love cliffhangers. Don't you? :P