Chapter 15

Here it is, as promised : Chapter 15! And no super duper author's note this time! Pinky promise! Enjoy...

~~~

Chapter 15

Susie watched as Noah bent his head closer to hers, leaving a few centimetres distance between their bodies. He was still holding her hand and she could feel the heat radiating from him. It felt nice actually, just as she had imagined his nearness to be. 

She looked up at him and gazed into his deep oceanic blue eyes. Any minute now, any minute now and they were going to kiss. He leaned in closer and missed her mouth going to her earlobe. 

Okay... Susie was dead confused. Didn't he want to kiss her? Instead, he leaned forward and whispered, "I'm sorry about me shouting at you earlier today. I promise I'll talk to Micheal for you."

Wait. What? Susie jerked away from his grip, to see if he was joking. But he wasn't. She saw that he was dead serious and that his leaning in towards her had meant nothing. Nothing at all!

He just wanted to whisper that he was sorry? And that he'd help her get together with Micheal? Couldn't he see that she didn't want anything to do with Micheal? Couldn't he see what his closeness did to her? But of course, she didn't show that she was alarmed or confused or just plain mad at the fact that he had so calmly kissed Mia and couldn't do the same to her.

She couldn't just reply to his offer by saying, "YOU FOOL! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM? CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'VE ALWAYS LOVED YOU AND ONLY YOU??!!!" Of course she couldn't. They were finally on good terms and finally having conversations. She couldn't tell him that. It would hurt her too much to see him back off her, again.

Instead, she tried to smile and say, "No Noah. Thanks but no thanks. I don't want to do anything with him. He was probably going to break my heart anyway, him being such a player and all.."

She watched as he nodded solemnly. "Don't worry about. I'll make sure he gets the message, alright?" She smiled at him, a real smile this time. He was so caring and selfless. It's a pity he couldn't be hers. "The pizza's ready to be eaten!" she said after their staring match.

She picked up a slice and started biting into it, letting the strings of cheese fall down her face. Noah joined in and looked at her again, breaking out into chortles. "There's cheese on your face! You look so hilarious! Wait a minute..." he said between laughter.

He whipped out his cellphone and snapped a picture of Susie, cheese dangling from her chin and a goofy expression on her face. She must've looked a downright mess, but she didn't care. He had actually taken a picture of her! And though she seemed nonchalant about it, she was brimming with happiness inside.

Noah took the box and they sat in the living room, on the brown couch. She switched on the T.V and flicked through the channels. "Omg! Inkheart is coming on! I love this movie!" she squealed when she saw what was coming on next.

Beside her, she heard Noah chuckle at her childishness but she didn't care. "Who knew Susie Rayner liked the movie 'Inkheart'?" he teased.

She shot him a glare. "Have you even watched this movie Noah?"

He shook his head and said lightly, "That's because I don't watch movies that are originally made for kids under the age of ten!"

"They are not made for kids under ten! It's made for kids under twelve..."

"Do I look twelve, Susie?"

She pretended to scan him. Taking in the way his chocolate brown curly hair fell over his eyes and covered his ears and they way his deep oceanic blue eyes sparkled with amusement at her antics. He was dressed so casually, in a white graphic tee with a blue hoodie, denim jeans and Converse. Yet, he still managed to take her breath away. She realized that she was staring at him for too long so she averted her eyes from his face and said, "Meh. Twelve, thirteen. What's the difference?"

 "Oh you did not just say that Susie Rayner!"

"Oh yes I just did Noah Anderson!"

"LAUNCHING THE TICKLE MECHANISM!"

He started tickling her, "Noah! STOP!!! Okay! Okay! You look six..." she struggled to say between laughs. He stopped tickling her, thinking she was going to say 'sixteen', and stood facing her. 

"Well?"

"What?"

"Where's my 'teen'?"

"Your teen? Honey, you're just six! Ten more years to go before you're sixteen!"

She could sense his resistance crumbling. "I'm going to ignore the first part and pretend I heard 'You're sixteen!'" and saying that he flopped down on the couch.

They finished watching the movie and even Noah had to admit how awesome it was. It was now almost one o'clock and Justine still hadn't come home. "Hey Susie!" called Noah snapping her back into reality.

"Yeah?"

"Can you tell me where the bathroom is?"

She took him upstairs and pointed to the hallway that had her room and the bathroom. "Straight ahead."

She went back downstairs and dialed Justine's number. 

"Hello?"

"Where are you? It is way past your curfew young lady!"

"Oh Susie! You'll never believe what happened! I'll tell you when I get back. I'm coming in an hour"

"Oh. Okay. I might be asleep till then..."

"No, it's okay! I should've called earlier... Go sleep Suze."

"Okay, bye!"

She heard Noah come down the stairs. His eyes void of any emotions and his face blank. "Susie, it's getting late. I should be going. Thank you for...everything" he said in a tone that matched his face and before she could ask what was wrong, he had already slammed the door shut behind him, leaving her all alone at home.

~~~

A/N: Sooo? What do you think is Justine's big news? Or what was the reason Noah mysteriously left Susie? Tell me what you think and VOMMAN!

Asma Xx.