Chapter 13

I'm supposed to be studying Chemistry but instead I'm uploading! Be grateful and VOMMAN!!! (Vote, Comment, Fan ;)) This chapter is dedicated to one of my favourite historical fiction writers! If you haven't already checked out her popular book 'A Penny's Worth Of Affection', which is impossible because it's kind of hard to miss it being up there on the Historical Fiction and Romance charts, then go check it out NOW!

~~~

Chapter 13

Susie slumped down on the couch, a box of pizza open on the coffee table in front of her and a plate of a slice of cheese pizza balanced on her stomach as she watched T.V. Nothing interesting was on tonight, which was a surprise because it was a Friday and all. After watching an old rerun of 'Friends', she couldn't bear the boredom anymore. 

She finished her third slice and leaned forward to grab another one. Taking a sip of her cold drink, she changed the channel. Suddenly, the trailer of Zac Efron's new movie, 'The Lucky One', popped up on screen. She watched the trailer with interest, her eyes transfixed on the screen and a string of cheese attached to the corner of her lips. 

She had read the Nicholas Sparks' book that the movie was based on and had absolutely loved it, imagining Noah playing Logan and her being Elizabeth, minus the kid though. She had no idea that the movie was releasing today! And what better idea to spend a Friday than go watch it? Albeit all by herself but that wouldn't be a problem! She had dreamy Zac Efron awaiting her.

She scrambled off the couch and cleared up the area where she had been lounging. Finishing the slice of pizza that was on her plate and slurping her drink like it was the end of the world, she popped the pizza box in the fridge and washed her plate. Picking up the Glendale Times, she noted that she had almost ten minutes till the next showing of the movie. 

Ten minutes were enough time! Justine had left her car in the driveway and she could get ready in less than five.

Happy at something fun to do that night, she hurried up the stairs and into the bathroom, washing her face and brushing her teeth. She ran to her closet and put on her white sweater dress with black leggings and white boots because it was kind of cold that night. Running a brush through her hair and tying them into a perfect messy bun, she put on some lipgloss, grabbed her bag, her sister's car keys and ran outside, locking the door behind her.

The car whirred to life and Susie was on her way. She fiddled through the radio stations till she found her favourite band 'Jimmy Eat World''s song 'Hear You Me' playing. She loved that song even though it was old-ish but she loved it. It had something really soothing about it...

She sang along to it till the cinema loomed ahead. She parked infront of it and whipped around to see Noah. With a girl. Who was crying. And holding his hands. And he was leaning down towards her. He was going to...kiss her.

Susie paused and stared as he brought his lips on the girl's whose her eyes flew wide open before she closed her eyes and kissed him back. 

Susie felt a pang of jealousy shoot through her system, the kiss she witnessed infront of her was turning more intense by the minute and she couldn't help think that this was the kind of kiss she always imagined to have with Noah.

The couple before her broke apart and Susie hid her face before continuing to the ticket counter, taking short and angry steps. She peeked back at Noah and the girl while she waited in line only to discover that the girl was Mia Burns.

Mia Burns and Susie had a strong rivalry going on. Mia got good grades, was popular and pretty and Susie had to admit that right now, she was extremely jealous of Mia for getting to her guy first.

 She mentally slapped herself. Her guy? Her stupid hormones had got to her again! She couldn't care less about who Noah decided to got out with. Or who he...kissed.

"One ticket for 'The Lucky One'", she told the guy behind the counter. "Just one? No boyfriend to take you to see the movie?" asked the guy behind the counter, waggling his eyebrows suggestively. He looked like a freshman in the community college downtown. He had a chipped tooth, acne all over is face and a mass of curly orange hair on his head.

"Whether I have a boyfriend or not is none of your business! Thank you very much." she snatched the tickets from his grasp and ran into the complex to get popcorn, still alarmed at the ticket seller's audacity. Did he really think she would watch it with him?

She heard Mia and Noah laughing. They were standing in front of her for popcorn and drinks. "I can't wait to see the movie! Ahh Zac Efron!" she heard Mia whisper to Noah. Susie shook her head, the girl must be absolutely crazy to think of Zac Efron, no matter how hot he was, while on a date with Noah Anderson!

Okay, she was going crazy again. She watched as Noah made his way to the hall where the movie was showing, with Mia on his arm. She bought some popcorn and followed their steps inside. She was going to watch this movie and not let the thoughts of any drama in her life distract her. Mia might have Noah but Susie definitely had Zac.

~~~

A/N: Hello everyone! So glad to see that I have over 50 votes for TOS!!! And 20+ fans! Thank you all for reading, voting, fanning my story! BTW I have a new cover! Tell me what you think about the cover, about the chapter, about EVERYTHING!

Till next time, Asma. Xx.