Chapter 12

Here it is guys! Another chapter! This one is dedicated to one of my older fans! THANKS FOR STICKING TO TOS! Also, I haven't watched 'The Playful Kiss' but because you've been advertising it so much, I just might! ;) Enjoy!

~~~

Chapter 12

Noah paced about in his room. He didn't feel overly excited about going to the movies with Mia. Scratch that, he didn't feel excited at all at the prospect of going to the movies with Mia. But thinking about how perky and excited her voice had sounded on the phone when she gushed about how she couldn't wait for the two of them to watch 'The Lucky One' made him feel guilty, very guilty. After all, he was the one who had asked her out. But Noah wasn't so sure anymore.

Sighing, Noah decided to take a shower so that he wouldn't be sleepy or tired to watch the movie. While the water blasted on him with full pressure, he thought about Susie. Today was supposed to be her first date with Micheal. And because of the lack of excited text messages or phone calls, he concluded that they had still not made up. 

Stepping out of the shower, he took out the clothes he was going to wear for his date. He opted for a white graphic tee and blue jeans. He took along his blue hoodie in case it got cold.

Slipping on his Converse, he was ready to go. No one was at home. His mom had gone for her weekend spa retreat with her friends, Jake was at a sleepover and Aaron was at another high school party. 

The Burns household was just a few blocks away so Noah decided to walk there, hitting his head against the wall for forgetting to ask his mother for the car keys. He had a learner's permit so he could've driven them their.

Luckily, the cinema wasn't too far and neither was Mia's house. He walked to the door of the respectable-looking house and rang the bell. The door opened to reveal a little girl about the age of ten or so, okay not that little but nevertheless little. He cleared his throat before saying, "I'm here for Mia?"

The girl nodded and turned inside. She then proceeded to scream at the top of her lungs for her sister. "MIA! YOUR BOYFRIEND'S HERE!!!" Noah was taken aback, but before he could correct the girl, she had disappeared inside, leaving the door open wide.

He heard the sound of heels coming down the stairs. Clack! Clack! Clack! "ADE! HE IS NOT MY- Oh hello Noah!" said Mia after a pause. She blushed at the thought that Noah had heard what she was shouting to her sister and couldn't believe that Adelaide had left the door open.

Noah smiled ressuringly and she pulled him outside before closing the door. He appreciated how pretty she looked. She was wearing a light blue t-shirt with denim shorts and white heeled boots. A white satchel was strung across her shoulder and her dark brown hair were in a sleek ponytail.

"Time to go see Zac!" she exclaimed happily as they made their way down the street. Noah looked at her confusedly for a second. Who the hell was Zac? 

She giggled at his expression. "Zac Efron, Noah? The actor? In the movie we're going to watch?" Realization hit him. Oh yeah, Zac Efron. The dude from that gay high school movie. "Sorry, got confused for a second." he said sheepishly. She smiled flirtlily, "I guess my presence does that to people."

Noah scoffed, "Does not."

"Does do!"

"No way Mia."

"Yes way Noah!"

"Okay that's enough now."

"Not until you say that my presence was the reason you were so flustered!"

"I was not flustered!"

"Yes you were Noah Anderson!"

"Whatever you say Amelia Burns!"

She wrinkled her nose, "Eww! Don't ever call me 'Amelia'!" 

"Why not? I like it."

She gazed at him with adoration. "Most people don't. They think it's too old-fashioned. Did you know that I was named after Amelia Earheart?" He put up a mildly shocked face. "Really? But I like Amelia. And the real Amelia was pretty awesome."

She rolled her eyes, "Typical boys! Amelia Earheart was not 'awesome'! I think she deserves a bit more respect than being called 'awesome'!" Noah mock-sighed, "Okay! Okay! She was admirable, excellent, praise worthy, a real crack-"

"Yeah that's enough! Wait, what was that last word? A real what?" she asked, noticing the last word he had used. "I said, or was going to say, that she was a real crackerjack!"

She burst out laughing. They were a few blocks away from the cinema and he could see the luminous neon boards that indicated where it stood. Mia kept laughing. "What's-a-crr..crackerjack?" she said between laughs.

"So you really don't know?"

"It's an unusual word! Hahaha! Crackerjack!"

"No it isn't. Oh Lord, Mia Burns, the Mia Burns, does not know what 'crackerjack' means?"

She stopped laughing and became serious, a bit too serious. "Just because I get good grades doesn't mean that I know everything." she said quietly. Noah bit his tongue. The stupid tongue that got him into all sorts of trouble.

"I didn't mean it that way, Mia. I was joking." he replied softly. Guess Mia Burns life wasn't exactly all hunky-dory as people thought it to be. "Is there something wrong?" he said again in the same soft tone when the reached the cinema.

Some stray tears ran down her cheeks and he held her by the shoulders. "Let's just go watch the movie." she said and tried to push Noah's warm and gentle hands off her shoulders.

Noah couldn't resist it. She looked so damn adorable, trying to be strong about whatever secret she was keeping and her chocolate brown eyes were sparkling because of unshed tears.

He took her hands in his and leaned down slowly, unsure of her reaction.

~~~

A/N: DUN DUN DUNNNN!

Cliffhanger! You don't really know if he's going to kiss her or lick her salty tears away, which would be gross and weird. But hah! You don't really know what's going to happen :P Till next time!

Asma xD