The Quidditch Match

let's just pretend that one match with the dementors was against slytherin and not hufflepuff 😁

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ- 715

—————————————————

Harry caught sight of the snitch, he looked back and watched as Malfoy still flew under him, looking for the prize.

He zoomed after it and reached out, the bloody thing kept swerving and dodging his hands. He squinted his eyes through the harsh rain and wind, the snitch stood out against the grey clouds. He heard a soft crackle and looked down, his broom was starting to freeze.

His heart stopped as he looked up, a figure of a black dog was illuminated on a cloud; the Grim.

A dementor shot past him, Harry quickly picked up speed, zooming away from the hooded creatures. They came up on either side of him, he shot straight up, he leaned back and shot down. The dementors were closing in on him, sucking the life out of his body like they did in the train. His grip loosened on his broom, he heard the shrill cry of a woman before everything went black.

His body, weightless and carried by the wind, fell off his broom, barreling towards the ground at an impossible speed.

His body twisted and turned, flipping in the air, his bright red Quidditch robes flapping in the wind.

Draco heard shrieks coming from the stands, he turned in the direction everyone was pointing. Harry Potter was twisting and turning in the sky, seemingly unconscious.

Draco sighed, for today, he'd give him this one. At least he'd owe him for saving his life.

Draco turned his broom sharply and sped in the direction Harry was. He flew down and waited where he was about to fall.

What am I thinking?

He reached his arm out and grabbed Harry's robes, the force of the boy's fall pulled him down.

Now they were both plummeting out of the sky.

He held Harry close to him, the boy was surprisingly light, considering he was pretty short.

He looked back and saw the ground hurtling closer and closer. He pulled Harry closer, the boy's head on his chest. He shut his eyes and felt his back make impact with the ground.

"Fuck." Draco muttered. Granger and her stupid spells, well, she saved me this time. I'd be dead if she hadn't cast that spell. Of course, it might not have been her . . . but it probably was.

He sat up and pulled Harry with him. He moved the boy out of his lap and laid him on the ground, he bent down on his knees next to the boy. "Bloody idiot, that's what you are." Draco said, he placed an ungloved hand on Harry's face, it was cold to the touch, he immediately pulled back. "Come on, Potter, just open those stupid eyes of yours." he was starting to get worried. "Potter," he said again, receiving no response. "Leave it to you to fall out of the fucking sky."

He sat in silence for a few moments. "Oh, come on, Potter, wake up, you piece of shit!" he said, growing frustrated at the heavy concern he felt for the boy.

He placed both hands on either side of his face. "Come on." he whispered.

He released his hands and sighed heavily. "Well, you're going to have to wake up soon, so you might as well do it now." he said, crossing his arms over his chest.

He stared at the boy for a long moment. He ripped his eyes away from him. "How long does it take for them to get down here?" he asked himself.

"Don't know," came a raspy reply from beside him.

"Merlin's bloody balls, Potter," Draco said, not bothering to hide the relief in his words. "You fell from the fucking sky, you git!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, Superman." Harry remarked.

"Who?" Draco said.

"Never mind," Harry said.

"Whatever, get the hell up, you wanker." Draco said, standing up from where he was. He offered a hand out to Harry, who took it gladly, he pulled him to his feet. Draco shoved his goggles onto his face, brushing his messy hair out of the way. "Stay on your broom next time." he said, a playful smirk on his face.

Harry gave a goofy grin. "Can't make any promises."

𝙖𝙘𝙚 ☠︎