The Second Task | 2

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ- 395

——————————————————

He dove in head first, the icy water enveloping his body, making the boy shiver. He swam to Merlin knows where. Just looking for Harry.

He swam through tall and thick bits of what he presumed was Seaweed. He gagged slightly at the feel of the strange plant on his skin.

***

He was surprised he was still alive, his eyes blinked drearily up at the light from the surface. Wishing he could be back there.

***

He swam quickly through the water, he hadn't been terribly stupid, he had cast one of those bubble spells, that enabled him to breathe underwater, on himself. He really had no idea what it even was, he had heard Diggory mutter the spell before he jumped in the water and thought it might come in handy one day.

Well, today was that day.

He searched and searched through the water, his movements becoming more frantic as he searched for someone who might not even be alive.

***

He saw a figure in the distance, a mermaid, perhaps? Beautiful creatures they were, really.

***

He caught sight of a messy mop of black hair, it looked familiar. His eyes scanned the person's face. Harry.

He immediately swam to him, blasting all the little creatures away.

***

Hermione watched the water, there was no sign of either of them coming up. There were frantic whispers among the crowd now, Rita Skeeter's quill was jotting everything down in it's little notepad.

Hermione felt sick, they couldn't both be dead. Draco would get Harry . . . he would.

***

He felt the little creatures release him, strong arms grabbed his waist. He couldn't see much, his eyes were half closed.

He felt a tug, the person pulled him along.

***

Draco pulled the light boy through the water, his strength slowly diminishing as they neared the surface, he could feel his arms growing sore. He couldn't stop now, not when they were almost there!

***

Hermione had faith, almost everybody in the audience had fallen silent. Some were crying, others were upset, some were happy.

Hermione forced herself to stay strong, she knew Draco would get to Harry.

***

Draco could see the light shining from the surface. He could slightly make out a few figures, although he couldn't identify them if anyone had asked.

He mustered up every bit off strength left in his body and breached the surface.