The Second Task | 3

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ- 403

——————————————————

Hermione watched the water, she had seen a ripple, were they close?

Draco's head burst through the water, followed by Harry's. He spit the lake water out of his mouth as Draco quickly pulled them towards Hermione.

He pulled Harry up the ladder, quickly grabbing a towel and wrapping it around him.

Everyone stared at the sight, Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter, maybe they weren't the enemies everybody thought they were.

Draco quickly rubbed Harry's shoulders, trying to keep him warm. He brought his hand to Harry's face, lifting it up gently.

"Are you alright?" Draco asked, his grey eyes filled with worry.

Harry blushed. "Uh, y-yeah, I'm good."

Draco smiled and grabbed him another towel, wrapping it securely around his shoulders.

Hermione rushed over to Harry. "You had me scared there for a second, Harry! I thought you were dead!"

Harry smiled. "I'm okay, 'Mione."

Hermione pulled him into a tight, bone crushing hug. He pat her on the back softly, reassuring her that he was alright.

He pulled away, Draco quickly wrapped his arms around the boy.

"I'm so glad you're okay." he whispered into Harry's ear.

Harry smiled and put his arms around Draco's neck, hugging him back.

The crowd had fallen silent.

Hermione had a knowing look on her face, she smiled at the two boys.

Draco pulled away, Harry's hands still around his neck. He stared into the Gryffindor's eyes, the green ones he had become so acquainted with.

Without thinking, he leaned in quickly, connecting their lips.

The crowd was shocked, some looked disgusted, others looked surprised, some looked like they had expected it, some were trading galleons. There were a few murmurs of: "Thank god!" and "Finally!" or "Took them long enough!"

Hermione smiled, she stood up and clapped. Neville joined in, followed by Dean and Seamus. Ron smiled and clapped, Pansy and Blaise were exchanging galleons whilst cheering, Pansy letting out a loud whistle. Dumbledore smirked, Snape nodded slightly, a small smile taking over his face. McGonagall smiled and clapped. Ginny clapped, a smile taking over her face. Cedric whistled and clapped. Many others, from all different houses, joined in the clapping.

Harry pulled away, his cheeks red, Draco smirked.

"They weren't supposed to find out yet," Harry whispered.

Draco shrugged and connected their lips once more.

The sound of clapping was drowned out by the beating of their hearts.

𝙖𝙘𝙚 ☠︎︎