Chapter Seventeen

Paul didn't take her too deep in the woods, only far enough to be away from prying eyes

Paul didn't take her too deep in the woods, only far enough to be away from prying eyes. "Look.... I have never had to explain this to anyone so please bare with me." He practically begged looking me in the eyes deep in thought. "Does this have to do with me being your imprint?..... don't be mad at Justin I tricked it out of him." Alex smiled weakly trying to ease the tension but Paul looked shocked.

"Did he tell you what it is?" He asked through his teeth upset that someone else told her his secret. "No, just that me rejecting you would be the worst thing for it." Alex replied timidly as Paul stiffened. "Your thinking of rejecting me?" Paul sounded so hurt as he asked Alex felt herself tear up a bit. "No I just- I don't want to go through this again. Falling in love with a guy, and then him leaving me.... I didn't want you leaving me." Alex clarified as Paul looked suspicious yet relieved.

"This has to do with that Mason guy doesn't it?" He asked grimly looking at the ground with a glare. He hated that he wasn't Alex's first love. He wasn't completely dumb. Max slipped stuff about this Mason all the time so he figured he was Alex's most recent ex. "Mason was my first real boyfriend. He was the first guy that actually showed me what a relationship is supposed to be like. He um..... he loved me and I loved him but- He left me." Alex looked up to him with tears that wouldn't fall.

"Why?" Paul managed to say still trying to contain his anger about Mason. "Justin was dating a vampire Juliet. She bit him a d he- He became a wolf forever. He left me as he ran off into the forest to live out his curse. I loved him too, but when I'm with you it's different." Alex whispered the last part making Paul's ears perk. "What's it like with me?" He asked wanting confirmation that she felt the same way he did about her.

"With you- with you it's like I can't get you off my mind. With you I feel like I can be my real self. With you I know I can always count on you to protect me, and love me. With you I- I- want to take things to the next step physically with you.... I want you to be my first." Alex said with a firm voice as Paul looked shocked and flustered at the last part. "Then I guess I should explain the imprint to you.... and if you still feel all those things. We could try this with no secrets right?" Paul asked wanting to reach his hands around her waist.

"Yes. Please tell me it explains why I'm in love with you so fast. I don't let people in easy. You just came right in." Alex breathed and again Paul fought to just kiss her as she looked at him with those big brown eyes. "Our ancestors choose our perfect match, it's called imprinting. An imprint is a wolves soulmate. The moment you look in her eyes you just know it's her. Suddenly she's all your connected to, she's whats holding you to earth not gravity. We will be whatever they need. A friend, a brother, a lover, but no matter what we will be her protecter." Paul explained as he slowly took a step towards her trying to read her expression.

"So are you saying we are meant to be?" Alex asked softly not wanting to sound as emotional as she did. "Yes but if you don't want it to be romantic that's okay. As long as I can be a part of your life I will die happy. Because I love you Alex. And I'm sorry what happened with Mason but I promise I will never leave you." Paul whispered as he wrapped his arms tightly around her and looked her deeply in the eyes. "You can't promise that." Alex began to cry she couldn't help it. This was all opening up the last wounds.

"Baby please don't cry. And I can promise I'll try my absolute hardest to give you a long life with me. But no matter what I will make sure you get a happy ending and you'll love to be old and wrinkly. Whether it's with me or some other chump." Paul huffed not able to imagine another man married to his imprint. "I promise the same for you Paul. Meaning we both get the happy ending. Together." Alex said firmly before hugging Paul as tight as possible.

Alex felt strength regaining throughout her body the longer she stayed around Paul. The two pulled apart but were still close enough that Paul's eyes flicks to her lips before glancing at her to see if she was okay with it. The small cute smile she gave him was enough to encourage a soft kiss. The two just continued to kiss happily in love and happy to now know each others biggest secret.

———————————————

Paul and Alex walked into Math right before the late bell rang earning glares from the teacher

Paul and Alex walked into Math right before the late bell rang earning glares from the teacher. But Alex didn't care as she shrugged and led Paul to a table in the back. The pack seemed to be giving Paul thumbs ups and high fives as they went to sit down knowing he'd gotten the girl. Alex sat down and just rolled her eyes, this caused her to look to her right to see Harper doing the stare at Paul who hadn't noticed yet. Alex froze before whispering for Harper to stop catching Paul's attention. He met Harpers stare and looked at her in confusion before staring back at her with eyes just as wide.

Harper smirked and nodded slowly as in approval before focusing on what the teacher wrote on the board. Alex smiled at Paul who took his focus from Harper back to his imprint that smiled at him adoringly. "So you wanna officially meet my parents? They'd like to have dinner tomorrow night. But don't mention anything supernatural in front of my grand parents, they're normal humans." Alex explained as Paul looked at her funny. "What happens if humans find out about your powers? I mean you already told Harper so what would they do?" He asked as she began giggling.

"If they found out Harper knew I'd lose my magic. And a dragon would have to step on my hands." She looked at him knowing the face he was gonna pull. "I'm sorry but a dragon? Step on your hands?" He asked dumbfounded as Alex giggled earning a dirty look yet again from the teacher. "Yes sometime I'll take you to the wizarding world but we have zombies, vampires, werewolves, elves, dragons, unicorns, goblins and more." She said making him look enthusiastic.

"That's so cool. But where is this 'world'?" Paul asked making Alex heart warm at how he looked in that moment. His eyes lighting up a innocent smile on his face. She couldn't wait to see his reaction to the world itself. "It's in my wizard lair back home. Maybe before dinner tomorrow we can go through it. But you said Emily's making a welcome back dinner tonight right?" Alex asked with her mouth practically watering.

Paul chuckled at her face as she began rubbing her stomach, "Yes she's very happy to have you back..... like me." Paul said making Alex smack his elbow with a smirk. "Your cheesy you know?" Alex asked making him smile brightly and set a hand on her thigh. "Only for you. And you love it." He said confidently and giving her leg a squeeze.

"You know Ms. Russo and Mr Lahote you could at least pretend to pay attention in my class." Their math teacher said in her shrill voice. Both just rolled their eyes grumbling in annoyance but pretending to look until she turned away to the board. Alex snuck a peak at Paul and freely smiled in awe at his features. He too followed suit and soon enough class was silent but the twos eyes were glued to each other in loving stares. Harper watched leaning on her hand with a happy pout muttering awes. She made sure to take a picture unnoticed by the teacher, and loving couple.

Harper was happy to see Alex happy. The pack happy to see Paul happy. Things were stress free at the moment. But Bella Swan would ruin the peace like usual.