Chapter Fifteen

Alex felt her body tremor with nerves as she yawned during what she would usually called nap time

Alex felt her body tremor with nerves as she yawned during what she would usually called nap time. Paul laughed at her finding it cute but also nervous to meet her parents. Especially Alex's dad, Max let it slip that Jerry's where he got his 'unusual' thinking. But also let it slip that Alex was his little princess and that he wasn't a fan of .... really most of the guys from Alex past which were few.

Apparently the last ones name was Mason, he was an artist like Alex but was forced to move to a different continent. Harper was also trying to help Paul know Alex's past knowing Alex wasn't one to share even the most vital of information.

So imagine his surprise seeing the shop her parents own and it looks like a sub cart like in NYC. He was amazed as he looked around in actual awe, most things in this area were bland but this stuck out. No wonder the place was busy. "MOOOOOOOOOMMMM!" Alex screamed at the top of her lungs looking for her mother. A very beautiful older Latina women walked out from the back and looked exasperated at Alex. "Your shift started 20 minutes ago!" Her mother scolded but stopping short at the random boy who stood by her daughter.

Theresa managed to make no face at the newcomer but on the inside was squealing in delight. He was taller, more athletic, and more serious looking then any of the past boys Alex liked before....he was a man. Which also slightly frightened Therese a that he was older than Alex he didn't look like any normal teenager she's seen before. "Mom this is my friend Paul. Paul this is my mother Theresa." Alex said it like it was no big deal but her stomach was full of knots. She needed this to go good for some reason.

"It's very nice to meet you Mrs. Russo." Paul smiled shyly shaking her hand as a big smile came to her face. "Please call me Theresa, and just one moment." Alex mother said it so calmly that when she ran into the kitchen yelling for a jerry Paul looked to Alex in slight fear. Alex wouldn't be of much help because she too was nervous, and as her father came out of the walk in cooler he walked past his wife trying to keep up with the dinner rush. He stopped however when he walked past Pail and Alex that were standing very close to each other and not moving. He grabbed the used glass on the table he was about to clean before turning around wide eyed.

His eyes went from Alex to Paul to Alex to Paul. Trying to read if this was what he was dreading. Of course he'd be happy for his daughter, to be able to love someone is a great thing but he didn't want to see his baby girl get hurt. "I'm dad this is my friend Paul..... Paul this my dad Jerry Russo. "It's nice to meet you Mr. Russo the shop is really outstanding compared to any of the other local places around here.

Jerry squinted at the boy as if assessing that he wasn't just trying to bribe him into liking him. "Thanks I originally came up with the idea myself.....my family here helps me run it. So........ Paul was it? How old are you? What are your intentions? Do you like food? You have a job? What's your future plans?-" Jerry was almost out of breathe rushing all his questions out making everyone go wide eyed before Alex's mom cut him off. "Oh Jerry leave them alone they are here on a date." Theresa said with a slight squeal at this end, Harper joining in as Alex rolled her eyes.