Chapter Eleven

Alex p/v

Math class being first period should be ILLEGAL! The teacher now seemed to watch me closely enough I couldn't pull out my trusty pillow to sleep on. I was sitting in between Harper and Paul, Paul laughing lightly at me grumbling on and on mean things about the teachers dumb watchfulness. Harper would shush me here and there trying to focus on the lecture. Which of course caused me to rebel, "Math is pointless nobody needs it!" Alex whiper yelled at Harper who went pink as the teacher looked at her and Alex. "Miss Russo? Is there something you would like to share with the whole class?" The teacher asked eyeing me with distaste.

She probably expected a no and fake apology....... how wrong she was. "I said Math is pointless and nobody needs it." Alex said with a shrug making the teachers mouth open in shock. "Excuse me but math is around us all day Miss Russo, it is very important to everyday life." The teacher said crossing her arms and raising a brow. All the students looked to Alex waiting in anticipation for her response back, since this didn't happen often at their school. "I am just saying that we are not gonna need all of it like whatever the heck you have on the board right now, I don't need that to order my usual order at McDonalds, save it for college for the kids who are going into careers that actually need it!" Alex said crossing her arms and also raising a brow at the teacher to egg her on but she just stopped shaking her head going back to the lesson with a pink face of anger.

Paul was staring at Alex in amazement and laughed to himself at her bold personality that he liked so much. The pack immediately wanted quiet high fives saying it was dead on. Alex said thank you's before looking Paul in the eyes and smirking. "How do you feel about missing school?" she asked leaning towards him with a smile. Paul smiled back before giving a nod, "Not anything new, why....wanna get out of here with me?" he asked a little excited Alex wanted to ditch and spend that time with him. "Why else would I have asked you? Besides I wanna spend some..... alone time with you." Alex teased before smiling sweetly at Paul who began blushing.

The pack sitting behind them were whispering in approval trying to get their pack brother to leave in the middle of class leaving an eye rolling Alex

The pack sitting behind them were whispering in approval trying to get their pack brother to leave in the middle of class leaving an eye rolling Alex. "No we will do it after and just come back for last period so we can say we have been here all day......DUH you guys are total noobs." She said facing the group of boys being them making Paul smirk at them pointing to her and mouthing, "That's my girl" bragging of her intelligence in the art of being bad. The guys rolled their eyes but felt happy Paul was finally gonna spend time by himself with Alex, they were always around practically cockblocking him.

So as soon as the bell rang Alex grabbed Paul's hand and walked through the crowd of students flooding the hallway, heading towards the exit. They managed to slip out easily since the students seemed to part for them as they walked down the hallways. Making Alex laugh realizing it was because they were terrified of Paul and him trying to recruit them to their supposed 'cult'.

When they stepped out they ran towards Paul's truck, Alex giggling the whole way, before they hid behind it to make sure they were not seen or followed. Alex turned to face Paul still giggling when her eyes met his chest he was standing so close she had to crane her neck up to look at him. He was already looking at her with a dazzling smile. "So Russo? Where we going?" He asked somewhat breathless. Alex seemed to smile wickedly at the sky that she cleared with magic while they were in math to be sunny, "The beach!" Alex said with pure excitement to go swimming. Paul smirked at her, "Alright the beach it is". he said with a slight chuckle still holding Alex hand tightly. When she pulled away to get in his truck Paul's heart hurt for a second but as she smiled over her shoulder he felt a matching smile come to his face as he hopped in.