Chapter NINETEEN

Alex sipped on her soda catching Paul staring at her so she made a funny face making him bust out laughing

Alex sipped on her soda catching Paul staring at her so she made a funny face making him bust out laughing. She giggled along with him when a howl pierced the woods. All the wolves tensed before rushing out of the room. Paul didn't want to leave them alone however making Sam have to Alpha command him to leave. Justin reassured them to protect us all with his magic skills. "And don't worry if things get physical. I'll protect Justin." Alex teased making her brother look at her angry. Paul shook his head but smiled at his imprint before running off, Justin on a tangent of being 'a manly man that could protect everyone.' That made Alex laugh loudly and grab at her stomach his words amusing her completely.

"So since I'm new to the whole thing why are they leaving?" Alex asked and Emily looked unsettled. Paul didn't tell Alex probably due to the fact the same vampire who had tried to kill them was who it almost likely was but she needed to know. "Actually um the boys do that when there's a vampire on the territory or close. And lately the vampire that almost attacked you and Harper has been lurking around. Thanks to Bella Swan." Emily said clearly upset the girl was bringing them such problems. "Well why haven't they gotten her yet?" Justin asked a bit scared. "She keeps popping in here and there. This isn't the first time. I'm surprised she hasn't given up since the Cullens have come back." Emily explained sitting down with the group. "So you need garlic and wooden stakes? I got plenty in my bedroom." Max explained nodding enthusiastically.

"Why the hell do you have those things in your room?" Justin said a bit disturbed. "In case Juliets kind came by in my sleep. It's a form of protection..... and part of my school vampire diarama." He explained like they were the dumb ones here. "Well these kinds of vampires, that doesn't work on them sadly." Emily laughed quietly at the fake folklore of vampires. "And garlic didn't work on Juliet.... not that I knew that for a specific reason." Harper explained avoiding eye contact with Justin who looked confused. "Why do they want Bella she is so bland. I mean seriously I could replace her with an empty potato sack and no one notice a difference." She said pulling her wand from her boot and twirling it in her fingers. "Oh that was mean." Emily said but laughed despite her words as she stood up anxious for the guys to come back.

"But accurate." Harper said giving Alex a high five, everyone there hated her for the pain she caused Jacob. "She doesn't have fine taste like all this." Harper said referring to her out of the box watermelon dress. Everyone laughed saying she definitely had.... different taste. "Are they usually gone this long?" Alex asked a bit worried but Emily waved it off. "Depends on the vampire. Or if someone shifted but usually the boys besides Sam and Jared stay there to help." Kim explained making everyone nod. Shortly after that being said the boys walked in tense and annoyed. "I'm taking it didn't go well?" Harper said as everyone groaned masking her nod. "She keeps playing with us." Paul said a bit heatedly as he pulled Alex up and then sat her on his lap. "Kept going to the Cullens side then back to ours again. Then she just ran off completely." Jared explained upset as well.

"So how do I become a were wolf...... or better yet meet a were llama?" Max asked excitedly as everyone looked to him weirdly. "Don't mind my brother. He failed biology." Justin said dazed as he and Leah giggled to each other. "Hey biology was hard give the kid some credit." Alex said defending Max who was about to kick off his shoes quietly under the table. Alex quirked a row at him but he just held a finger to his lips. "Alex it's literally like learning how babies are made. Not that hard." Justin said trying to impress Leah who stared at him in awe already. Alex glanced to Max to see him slowly standing up with his shoe. He shifted little by little to Justin and no one else seemed to notice as they kept talking about what had happened at the treaty. Alex watching with a giddy smile as Max put his disgusting shoe in Justin's face as he was leaning closer to Leah.