10

Klaus and Elijah were sitting near the vending machines when Eleonora and Rebekah left the hospital restroom. From the outside and without looking at his face, the original hybrid looks cool and collected but with one look at his face, especially at his eyes, you could see the emotions that engulfing him at the moment.

Elijah was kept his sight on the floor, watching the the light from the lightbulbs on the ceiling shine on the grey tiles. The subject of vision changed once he heard the heels of sister being followed by soft taps, which were being created by his ex sister-in-law.

Nora forces herself to remain strong as she begins to get closer to the pair and tries not stutter from the sadness as she speaks, "Klaus, Elijah. Its good you guys came."

Elijah gives Eleonora a small hug and retreats to her side to allow his brother to also greet her.  Without even thinking about it, Klaus subconsciously places his hands on the female hybrid and pulls her closer to him. Nora wraps an arm around his neck to bring him closer. She takes a deep breath as she rests her forehead on his shoulder. When they were a couple, a simple hold as that would calm her in a second and even when separated, the magic touch was still there.

Rebekah coughs and raises her eyebrow at her brother, Klaus lifts his head and gives his sister an annoyed look.

Klaus couldn't stop himself from asking questions, "How is she? You said she was bad the last time we  spoke on the phone." Nora nods. "They had to force her into a coma because of the severity of the pain." Rebekah's eyes widen at that statement and quietly mutters, "bloody hell."

Nora stares at the trio and tucks strands of hair that were sticking out behind her ear. "If you guys want, you can go visit her." Elijah straightens his sleeves; he had taken off his jacket and was in his dress shirt. Klaus nodded and was the first to go into the room, his siblings not far in trailing behind him.

The elevator doors burst open and in comes Alex with a lump in her throat, an itch that that was desperately making her want to cry. The brunette sees her best friend's mother and runs to hug her, at that moment Alex finally sheds the tears that had been waiting to fall for the past hour.

Once the duo separates from each other, Nora asks, "What took you so long? You had me worried about you too!" The witch chuckles, "Sorry my dad was making you guys some refreshments." She sniffled and turned around to look for her father, "Hmm, he should have been right behind me." Just then Conrad appears carrying a tote bag that looked completely full.

He gets to the girls and gives Nora a hug, "How is she?" The hybrid looks at him, "The same as she was when I texted you."

Conrad nods and looks to the floor, his gaze returns to Nora with a smile, "Yeah well don't worry, Lia's strong. Remember when she fell off that pink bike and was bleeding on her knees but didn't once cry?" Nora bites her lower lip, "Yeah I remember. I almost died from panicking. She just sat there saying 'I'm okay mommy. It'll be okay'." The hybrid gives her friend a small smile.

Stiles and Beck had returned from the cafeteria and greeted Conrad. Wasting no time, the dad pulled out a mug and threw it to Stiles. "Valerian Root tea for your anxiety." And pulled out another mug "Your garbage," and handed it to Nora.

Nora opened the mug and smelled the aroma, "Ah, espresso with milk." Conrad shook his head, "Normal people call it a latte." He checks his watch, "I have to go back to restaurant but text me if anything happens." The hybrid nods.

"Also here are some sandwiches, baby carrots and celery sticks. Alex, there's also some magazines about those stupid celebrities and cookies for Beck." The teenagers thanked him.

"Thanks Conrad I really needed a pick me up," Nora takes a sip of what she believed to be a magical elixir. Conrad goes to kiss his daughter on her forehead and turns to group, "Yeah, yeah and yet you still don't do me the favor of quitting that drug." Nora fake gasps and shields her coffee, "how dare you."

The friends said goodbye to each other. Alex turns to Nora, "Can I go see her?" The hybrid nods her head yes, "Her father is in there with his siblings."

Nora noticed the pink unicorn in hers arms as the eighteen-year-old walked away. How had I not noticed that?

—————

Alex smiled awkwardly as she entered the room with the stuff animal in hand. She gave the Mikaelsons a small wave. "Hi."

Klaus was standing next to the bed that his daughter was laying in. Rebekah was sitting in one of the chairs and Elijah was trying to decipher the best he could on the medications the doctors had given Lia. Before, Eleonora had greeted them, he had talked to her nurses and doctors about her condition and treatment.

Alex walks closer to Lia and gasps when she sees her. "Oh my gosh." She quickly takes out a comb out of her purse and brushes out her friends hair, which quite frankly looked not bad but also not good.

The witch looks back to the siblings with a light tint of red on her cheeks, "Sorry for being dramatic but if Lia was conscious, she would have died right on the spot if she was caught with bad hair. She's always fixing it even when it's greats." Alex tucks Ms. Lucy the pink unicorn next to her friend.

Rebekah gives Alex a heart-warming smile, "You guys must be very close." The witch chuckles, "I—

"You would have thought she was Lia's twin and not me." Stiles responds as he walks in the room. Alex chuckles and shrugs, "You jealous bro?" The human shakes his head and crosses his arms, "No, more like annoyed at the fact you guys can't go without a day from each other." Klaus smirks before he looks back to his daughter, the banter between the witch and his son reminded him of the playful fights between Kol and Rebekah.

Alex nudges him on his side, "Yup, you sound jealous." He shakes his head again. Stiles looks at his father, "There's sandwiches if guys want some, they're really good. Alex's dad made them."

Alex scoffs, "What makes you think I didn't make them?" Stiles glances at the floor before making eye contact with her and smirks, "Because you can't cook?" She gasps in shock and pretends to take offense.  "Just know the only reason why you're still alive right now is because you're a mommy's boy and your mom scares me." Stiles shrugs, "I take pride in that fact."

Nora enters the room, "Beck left to deal with an emergency at home." She pauses to fix the chairs and the table in the room. The atmosphere didn't feel as awkward as she thought it would have been. The female hybrid takes another sip of her warm drink.

Elijah speaks up, "There's nothing wrong with the medications they're giving Ophelia. There is no explanation for the scratch marks and the intensity of the pain. I refuse to believe that the answer does not come from the supernatural world." This was something that Eleonora did not want to hear.

There's a knock at the door and Stiles goes to open it. At the other side is Jess, Luke's dad, and Maya, Jess' grandmother who was also an Elder. Maya Bear had long grey-whitish hair and was wearing traditional necklaces and earrings that had been passed down to her from her mother. Nora greets them and introduces them to the Mikaelsons.

Maya asks very loud, "Vampires?!" She was becoming deaf and doesn't know how to control her volume.

Nora looks at Klaus, "Yes. Also how'd you know we were here?"

Jess responds and signals to his grandma, "She wouldn't stop nagging until I picked up my car keys." Maya walks to Stiles, "Mieczyslaw sweetheart, I haven't seen you in a long time, you've grown so much." She pinches his left cheek and pats his shoulder before she moves to his sister. Stiles looks at his mother, "I could've sworn I saw her last Saturday and she told me the same thing."

"Yeah, the doctor says her dementia is getting worse, but fortunately it's progressing very slowly." Maya walks carefully to Lia almost as if she was scared. Rebekah becomes worried about the old lady. "Is she alright?"

Nora answers with an I don't know.

She takes her hand and mutters some words in a language native only those in the North East Atlantic Pack. The Elder joyfully smiles.

"Ah finally, Our Mother arrives."