11

Nora sat outside of her daughter's hospital room in a chair that was so stiff that even as a vampire, her ass was getting sore sitting in it

She checked her watch and tried to relax her body once more as it was three in the morning. The hybrid was used to sleeping later than this, but her body was begging for rest and her brain was refusing to give in.

Stiles slept in two chairs he put together with his body lying in it and his feet barely touching his sister's bed. Lia's nurse was kind enough to give him a blanket and a pillow. His drool was getting everywhere on his pillow and when it seeped through the material, he would wake up to the warm feeling of it and would turn it over to the cooler side. He was grossed out by it but too tired to actually care.

Rebekah had gone home mad at her brothers for forcing her to leave and get rest. Nora had even joked about her needing beauty sleep and received a stare that could've killed her. Klaus almost chuckled but his brother nudged him to shut up.

Nora sat there thinking of what the Elder said. Elijah asked for clarification to which Maya had laughed and said, "What other mother? The one who created everyone, my dear boy." She patted the vampire's cheek and said her goodbyes. Jess looked just as confused as everyone else and shook his head when Nora asked him what she meant.

It was Alex who blurted out what first came to her mind, "Mother Nature." Stiles looked at her as if he was a deer caught by headlights. Nora turned to look at her, "What?"

The witch cleared her throat, "The opening line to my family grimoire is "We owe it all to one being...Mother Nature, the one who created everything and everyone."

-------

Klaus volunteered his witch of a sister to assist this situation, but Nora declined by stating that it was late and that she was probably sleeping, she could help tomorrow.

All of that happened four hours ago and here she was sitting next to her baby daddy. Nora let a heartily laugh when her mind processed that thought. Baby daddy. Again, another laugh erupted from her. Klaus was sitting up straight with his arms crossed and his eyes closed. "What is so funny that you had disturb me?"

"Nothing." She managed to keep her lips sealed for ten seconds before she burst out laughing. Her giggles didn't stop until she caught Elijah's amused smirk from in front of her. He too had refused to leave.

She stops laughing when she realizes the situation she's in. Shit, my daughter really is in the hospital. "It's just that I find a certain term hilarious. I mean most of the slang from 90's is very funny."

The hybrid went back to her thoughts. Mother Nature? It's impossible. She's a human. Completely human.

Klaus was about to ask what word it was that had her laughing out of her mind, when the door to the stairs opened to reveal a Damon who looked shaken.

Nora shakes her head at her brother, "Damon the flight from New York to Virginia takes about an hour and a half. What took you so long?" She runs to him and gives him a hug.

"Well, excuse me for not including 'getting kidnapped by some witches' into my travel time," He gives her his classic smirk. It disappears within a second, "Which reminds me...we need to run...like right now."

"And for what reason?" His accent was heavenly, at least to Nora, and brought the attention of the vampire to him. Damon looks behind her, "Huh, baby daddy finally knows about his babies."

"Damon it's been a while. How's Elena?" The Salvatore brother glances at his sister who puts her hands up in an act to say it wasn't her who told him.

Damon was about answer when he was cut off by a stake piercing into his side. The four, including the four visitors in the room and a few doctor and nurses, turn to the source. It was woman holding a bow and another person holding a gun.

Damon pulls the piece of wood out and Nora goes to compel the witnesses with Elijah's help. Klaus on the other hand, walks toward the pair and is nearly shot at. The guy with the gun in his hand is trembling when he speaks, "I'm sorry for shooting. I don't know why I did that. I don't want to, but I can't stop."

The elevator opens and the culprit behind this scheme walks in.

"And to think I told your brother you people could be killed with sticks."

A/N: guess who it is lol