4

The headmistress sat in her office chair staring holes into the wall

The headmistress sat in her office chair staring holes into the wall. Her dark circles barely visible due to the makeup she had put on. Her heartbeat pacing very quickly, making her think she could have a heart attack any second.

She could hardly remember the entire conversation of that morning.

According to the email the Mikaelson family would arrive on Saturday. Today was Friday. Thank you, God!

Once she finally realized she wouldn't see them for another day, her focus shifted to the stack of papers on her desk.

Someone knocked on the door. "Come in!"

A brunette, who for the time being was sporting a blonde hairlook, entered the office. She carried two metal coffee cups in her hands. The girl tried her best to save the turtles.

Her bright smile radiating off her to her mother's face.

"Mom, your students are annoying." Ophelia smiles mischievously, and flutters her eyelashes to make herself appear innocent.

When she entered the building, the new students were staring at her in shock. Probably because she was the only teen not wearing uniform. The punishment for not wearing uniform after one warning was detention.

Suspension was next and expulsion after.

"Really? If you have a complaint, the form is right behind you." The female hybrid goes back to reading her peers papers.

Lia clears her throat as she sits in a chair in front of her mother, "So... about what happened yesterday..." The girl tries to form a sentence and fails. She places a coffee on the desk and takes a sip meekly from the other.

Nora puts her pen down and looks at her daughter, "What about it?"

"Do you really have to take my phone away?" She tries to give her the puppy eyes knowing it was her mother's weakness.

Nora did her best to ignore the face she was giving her. "Gee, I don't know. Maybe don't get in a fight next time."

Offended, Lia stands up, "Um hello? Was I really going to let that woman take the shoes I've wanted since last season?" Asking as if it was a rhetorical question.

Her mother shook her head, "I know you did not just come into my office to throw a tantrum. I'm disappointed in you Lia."

The human sits back down and apologizes, "I'm sorry mom, really I am." And she meant it, tears were threatening to spill.

She really didn't mean to upset her mother. But retail therapy was the only thing that truly helped her fill the void.