TWELVE

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐏𝐄𝐏!
( 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 )
━━━THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS.
ミ★∘ଂ.*࿐ ཾ

                JASON BLOSSOM'S SUPPOSED MURDERER WAS PLASTERED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE NEWSPAPER

JASON BLOSSOM'S SUPPOSED MURDERER WAS PLASTERED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE NEWSPAPER. A copy of The Riverdale Register was held between slender fingers whose knuckles turned white from the harsh grip.

Eyes of the damned stared deeply into those of FP Jones. Xavier's nose was scrunched, lips transitioning into a sneer. After breakfast with his family, he and Cheryl shared a silent ride to school.

Neither of them spoke; there wasn't much else to say. Cheryl was the first to leave while Xavier hung back, sitting on the hood of his car.

"Are you okay?" Xavier glanced up to be greeted by one of his flings. "I guess. How else should I feel?"

"Well, he was your brother." She clarified almost hesitantly. She took a seat beside him, not noticing the way his body tensed up at her close proximity. "Half. He was my half brother."

"Does it really make that much of a difference?" Jessica questioned with a light chuckle. She cleared her throat noticing how the silence was deafening. "Hey, you haven't dyed your hair. It looks good."

Xavier's tongue ran across his bottom lip. His vision was set ahead of him, unwilling to meet her concerned gaze. He noticed from his peripheral that she was anxiously fiddling with her hands across her stomach. Her stomach that once carried. . .

Like a bomb having been lit, his anger became explosive and in an instant he went off.

"Listen, you can stop the act now. It's nauseating." Xavier was quick to his feet, startling the brunette. She flinched when he turned to face her, eyes set ablaze. "I don't need your fucking pity, Jessica. Yes, I lost my fucking brother, but shit happens, and people die. What the fuck do you expect me to do about it?"

Jessica's body shook at his venomous delivery. Each of his words pierced her skin. He laughed, but it was a void of any humor scaring her. He shook his head, throwing his hands up in the air. The newspaper cried out again as it's body became wrinkled.

"So you, much like everyone else can stop fucking staring at me like I'm some hurt puppy or some shit," he wiped his hand across his nose that twitched. "And what's the fascination with my damn hair? I'm a Blossom what do you expect?"

"I-"

"Listen, I get it. We fucked and you got knocked up. But much like that thing that was in you, whatever dream you had of us being a family. . . it's dead. Alright?"

A lone tear fell from her eye. She patiently listened while her heart broke to pieces.

"So that doesn't mean you need to still check in on me. Take the hint, Jessica."