EIGHT

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐏𝐄𝐏!
( 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 )
━━━WEST COAST .
ミ★∘ଂ.*࿐

     "POLLY'S CONVINCED HERSELF THAT NO ONE WANTS HER BABY

     "POLLY'S CONVINCED HERSELF THAT NO ONE WANTS HER BABY." Betty sighed in defeat. The petite blonde was seated beside Jughead with her legs crossed on the red sofa. To her left were Kevin and Veronica sitting on another sofa, Archie seated on a dark turquoise chair right beside the Blossom siblings.

Xavier was leaning against the chair Cheryl sat herself in seeming disinterested in the conversation all together.

He only showed because Cheryl had dragged him into the student center for what he liked to call, the Scooby-Doo gang meeting. He pulled out his phone, mindlessly checking at the time that seemed to drag.

"Besides, of course, the child-snatching Blossom monsters,"

Kevin inputted, instantly regretting his choice of words.

Cheryl and Xavier turned to him, both siblings giving him a bland look that made his Adam's apple bob. Xavier's more than anything because despite the brunet's better judgment, he couldn't help, but secretly crush on the guy. He was tall, confident, handsome and mysterious. Something Kevin found himself to be admiring in awe.

Stumbling over his words, he back tracked nervously, "No offense, Cheryl. . ." He gulped when Xavier raised an eyebrow at him. Kevin's eyes widened. "Um, no offense to you too, uh, Xavier."

Veronica turned to her best friend, a small smile ghosting upon her lips when she saw pink streaks dust across his cheeks. Cheryl eyed Kevin up and down. Her voice was neutral yet the cutting edge in her eyes told him not to make the same mistake twice.

"None taken," Xavier smirked and nudged his sister. He leaned down to her level as Cheryl slightly turned her head to meet him. He was holding Kevin's eyes as he spoke with Cheryl. "Don't be mean, Cher. It's obvious Kevin didn't mean it. Right Keller?"

"R-right. Yes. Totally."

Kevin nodded wishing the couch could just swallow him whole. Jughead rolled his eyes at what his ex-best friend was doing. Leaning on his arm, he cleared his throat and summarized what the group had discussed in the last five minutes.

"So you're mom and dad want Polly, but not the baby, and the Blossoms want the baby and not Polly." Betty nodded as Jughead sarcastically continued, "That's a true Gordian knot."

"It's an impossible situation." Betty agreed making Xavier groan. He was regretting his choice each passing minute. He pulled out his phone again and scrolled through his messages aimlessly.