FOURTEEN

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐏𝐄𝐏!
( 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 )
━━━BLOOD STILL STAINS.
ミ★∘ଂ.*࿐ ཾ

      "YOU'RE STALLING

"YOU'RE STALLING." Betty sighed as her fingernails clicked against the metal table in annoyance. She tilted her head, studying the boy across from her with a frown. His lips quirked into an amused grin that emphasized the trouble sparkling in his eyes of viridian.

"It's not stalling when I'm getting distracted by you're cuteness, Betty Cooper," Xavier mused earning an eye roll from the blonde. He chuckled and leaned back into his seat. "We're cousins, Xavier, remember?"

"Yes, unfortunately I do," he scowled at the reminder. He looked away from her to stare at the wall in thought. "I was trying to forget after everything."

"Which you have yet to tell me so if you're just going to continue wasting my time. . ." His neck craned in her direction quickly. His eyes narrowed to slits at her, jaw locking. "Do you really want to finish that sentence?"

"I'm starting to think you're just toying with me," Betty admitted. She clasped her hands together to stop herself from fidgeting. "Mmm, I've done so to a lot of people, but I never toyed with you Princess."

Xavier exhaled loudly and shifted in his seat. He raked a hand through his fire licked curls that fell to his eyes. Betty cleared her throat unsure what to do with the silence that now blanketed the room.

"Why did your dad kill Jason?" Xavier shrugged, averting his eyes. Betty frowned. "Okay, so why did you kill Jason?"

"You and everyone in this town think Jason is some kind of saint when he's not," Xavier chuckled dryly. "At least I admit that I'm not one myself. For fucks sake I lured my brother into his own death without remorse. It's almost as if I pulled the trigger myself."

He met Betty's eyes once more. She did her best not to flinch at how dark they were with hatred and fury. His voice was dripping with venom that she had yet to have heard until now. Xavier's delivery was always sweet like honey when around her.

"Why?" Betty whispered, afraid that his anger would become explosive. He noticed her tone and cleared his throat. He sat up straight and placed both his elbows on the table. "Our story begins with Jason and Polly."

"Polly used to visit our house all the time without the knowledge of our parents, much less Cheryl. Only I really knew about it because I wasn't shy about sneaking in and out of the house. My parents knew that."