THREE

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐏𝐄𝐏!
( 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 )
━━━ A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL.
ミ★∘ଂ.*࿐ ཾ

                  "IN FACT, WE MADE IT to the other side dry as bones," The redhead in questioning answered simply

                  "IN FACT, WE MADE IT to the other side dry as bones," The redhead in questioning answered simply. Her eyes grew hazy as if to recall the day of July 4th. She nodded to herself and continued with slight sorrow in her usually confident delivery.

   "We said goodbye on the Greendale side of Sweetwater River. He promised he'd call me as soon as he was in a place where he couldn't be reached or pulled back by our parents. One month, at the most. Every day, I waited for him to call, for an email."

  Sheriff Keller eyed the redheaded beauty, green eyes narrowed in suspicion. His lips puckered, as he nodded his head in what looked to be understanding. Principal Weatherbee glanced between the two, lips set in a straight line. His eyes spoke volumes for his opinion that fell silent in the presence of the law.

    The principal had called Cheryl in for questioning at the expenses of Sheriff Keller's demands. Naturally, Cheryl had dragged along her only source of security with her; Xavier.

     The temperamental teenager with hickory dye staining his naturally red tresses, stood beside the window, staring out into space wishing he was anywhere, but his current location.

     "You tell anyone about the plan? Any way that you can corroborate it? And you have no idea why your brother wanted to run away, fake his own death? Doesn't that seem cruel?" Sheriff Keller inquired with a raised brow.

       Xavier ran his tongue over his teeth through closed lips transitioning into a vicious sneer. He craned his neck in the direction of the Sheriff who was watching Cheryl's reaction with calculation. Xavier knew what the Sheriff was doing and unfortunately Cheryl had fallen into his trap.

          "No, he wasn't━━" she snapped defensively. Taking in a breath, she responded calmly, "Jason wasn't cruel."

  "So maybe this is all just a web of lies you're spinning to cover your own tracks." Xavier tensed at the Sheriff's accusation. Did he think that his sister was responsible for the death of her own twin? Surely he couldn't believe that one of Jason's family members were responsible for his death?

    Xavier let his index finger fall from the blinds that provided him a sight to the outside world. Quietly, he walked towards the trio with furrowed brows.

    "I didn't kill Jason! There was a gunshot that morning. We heard a gunshot on July 4th. Maybe whoever killed Jason took a shot at him, and missed that morning." Cheryl explained hysterically.