TWO

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐏𝐄𝐏!
(𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘 )
━━━ SUPPORT SYSTEM.

ミ★∘ଂ.*࿐ ཾ

                 "𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 leaves another emerges from within the shadows," the raven haired boy who hid his curls beneath his grey beanie spoke with a crooked grin

                 "𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 leaves another emerges from within the shadows," the raven haired boy who hid his curls beneath his grey beanie spoke with a crooked grin. Xavier rolled his colored eyes at the boy's statement and released a breath of nicotine clouds.

"Except this one tries to hide his roots that fail to be extinguished. News flash, Xavier, that brown hair dye isn't doing its job in staying consistent."

             A bubble of bitter laughter materialized from the ladder's throat as he raked a large hand through his brown tresses.

"Jughead Jones," Xavier's lips curled into a sharp grin as his pearly whites dazzled in the floodlights' lighting.

            Xavier rotated the cigarette in his ring and index finger patiently, his viridian eyes staring down at the lit drug absentmindedly. He shrugged his broad shoulders and leaned against the gated wall opposite of the gloomy novelist.

"The self proclaimed novelist who can't seem to escape his cry for help in his bland choice of fashion taste. Did Hot Topic offer you a modeling gig or is this you portraying the stereotypical angst of a lonely teenager?"

Jughead's eyes crinkled at the corners as he tried to suppress his grin with his palm. Xavier chuckled, taking another drag of his cigarette. "You haven't changed a bit," Xavier nodded his head, glancing at the stage on the field where Josie McCoy and her group of Pussycats began to file on at her mother's introduction.

"The same can't be said about you. . . can it Jones?" Xavier craned his neck back in the direction of Jughead who was studying him with apprehension.

"This doesn't seem like your type of scene." Jughead admitted almost confusedly, as if the question wasn't meant for Xavier's ears to hear. But he had and he scoffed.

"And this shit is yours?" Xavier shook his head and snorted. "I'm only here because I have an older sister on the cheer team who can't for the life of her seem to do shit on her own without me. I made a promise to her, and now she's partially cashing it in early. Which━━ if you can't tell━━ is why I'm here."

"I'm sorry for your loss."

          There was a moment of silence. And then, almost irritably, there was a gruff━━ "What?" audible from the Blossom boy.

             Jughead watched as Xavier's plastic grin in the explaination behind his presence, fell flat, and his sharply angled features twisted into a furious glower.