Yule ball-p1

'That should've been me'

Y/N ROWEN POV

It was the same raven coloured sky and thick ash lining my lungs and eyes, except this time I was running around frantically going down different pathways, switching to different corners. When I fell I was immobilised I did not know why, and peering into my vision was a grey alien looking man with stick like fingers treading closer my way. My hand began to ache uncontrollably again, darkening the wounded initials imprinted on my skin, i screeched then...

"Y/n wake up we have a ball to get ready for!" Dakota said, bouncing at the bottom of my bed.

"D if you don't get off that poor girls bed when she's trying to wake up your going to have a slap round the head by y/n!" Briar shouted at her.

"She's been sleeping all day, last time I tried I thought she was dead!"

I shot up out of my blanket at what Dakota just laughed at. I was asleep all day? I winched at the sharp pains echoing through my hand again.

"See look Briar shes up, oh what's the matter."

I did not want to tell them about my suspicious engravings on my hand as well as my nightmares, "nothing that's just how I wake up." I giggled trying to lead them on to my lie.

"Um right." Dakota admitted blankly.

"I had been asleep all day?" I questioned them, rubbing my eyes.

"Yep, I tried to wake you up before but you didn't move a bit so I just let you sleep." Briar told me while doing her makeup presumably for the ball.

"Must of been tired." I laughed getting out of bed, "what have you guys been doing?"

"Nothing really as everyone else is getting ready for the Yule ball, we were finishing up your dress." Dakota uttered in her usual cheerful way.

"I can't wait to see it!"

Showering, applying my make up and doing my hair, as I was in the mirror the reflection of memories resurfaced of how I would be covering numerous swollen hickeys from Draco  and that I would normally be in his room being kissed all over.

I hated the fact that I would be attending the dance with jaxon and not him, when I first Heard about it my imagination immediately went to Draco. How we would be dancing the night away just me and him holding each other close whispering dirty little comments into one another's ears.

Remembering the box, I came to the decision that it would be the best to not open it at all till at least this day had finished because I knew I would just end up ruining it for myself. Not only that, I still hadn't fully forgiven him for what he said.

"Are you ready!?" Briar and Dakota shouted.

"Yes!"

"Okay close your eyes!" Dakota instructed, lulling me out of the bathroom guiding me with her hands.

"Open them!" Briar called out.

She was holding the most beautiful, emerald satin dress that had a slit running up the leg with a ruched bit of extra fabric just at the top of it. It's straps would be able to sit securely on my shoulders exposing the whole top bit of my neck.