The Monster Within Him

~Nobody's POV~
Loki woke up from an unsettling nightmare, sweating and shaking. He blinked a few times to get adjusted to the harsh light and looked around the room.

He gasped as he realised where he was. He was in a small hospital room. Cuffed to the bed.

He whimpered: the feel of the heavy metal was all too familiar for the god. That wasn't even the worse part.

Loki realised his skin was blue, with markings all over it. His Jötun form had appeared: the temperature had to have dropped drastically for this to happen.

He wondered if anyone had seen him. He didn't want that to happen. They would think he was a monster, born to die.

Except for Peter. No, Peter was kind and caring. He calmed down at the thought of the fifteen year old and settled back into the bed.

He closed his eyes and focused on changing his monstrous form back, but after a few minutes he was still blue. Still a Frost Giant.

Tears ran down his face: he couldn't change back, couldn't hide the monster from anyone else.

Everything was confusing and a blur to Loki. He remembered names and faces, but couldn't remember why. Tony Stark. Natasha Romanoff. He knew those names. But why did he know them?

He couldn't remember much. He remembered being bullied by his brother in Asgard, remembered the torture he suffered, but couldn't remember other things. There was something missing, and Loki knew it.

He tugged at the chains, wincing as they touched his scars and burns. He remembered how he got those.

Loki groaned at the pain, and pulled on the cuffs again. It was no use. He tried again to conceal his Jötun form, but cried out in despair when nothing happened.

"Looking good, Elsa." Loki's eyes flickered open, and he sat up as much as he could. Clint was standing over him, a smug look on his face.

Loki scowled at him and laid back on the bed. He gasped as Clint grabbed him by the throat and pulled him up, rubbing his wrists on the cuffs.

"W-what do you want?" Loki spat at the assassin. Clint frowned, and slapped him across the face.

Loki whimpered and shut his eyes tight.

"That was for New York." Loki opened his eyes in confusion.

"W-what's New York?" Loki really couldn't remember. Clint growled at Loki, and tightened his grip on Loki's throat.

"I can see through your act. I don't care if you were tortured. I don't care if you didn't want to kill those people. You still did it, you didn't try and fight back. I'm going to make you pay. Starting by showing everyone the monster you are."

Loki stared up at Clint with innocent, watery eyes. He didn't understand what he had done.

"I-I don't understand. Please let me go." Clint slapped Loki again, this time even harder. Loki cried out, and Clint let go of his neck. He fell back onto the bed, and sobbed. Clint stormed out of the room, and the last thing Loki heard was:

"I will be back for you."

He gulped and closed his eyes. He didn't care that he was blue anymore. His face and neck hurt, and his wrists were rubbed red and sore.

He soon fell asleep again.

I hope you enjoyed that chapter! 😁