Never Enough

I have decided to update on Thursdays and Saturdays now :)

"Peter... you're not going to like this." Tony bit his lip, and made direct eye contact with Peter.

"What are you going on about, Mr Stark? Please can I go see Loki?" Peter's voice wavered uncertainly.

"Peter... we lost him. HYDRA- HYDRA took him. Last night." Tony looked down, unable to maintain eye contact with the innocent, brown eyed teenager.

"N-no. No, he-he's fine! He's in his room- he's in his room..." Peter muttered, a single tear rolling down his face.

"Oh, Pete..." Tony wrapped his arms around the boy, clutching him tightly as he let out a sob.

Peter sniffled a little and pulled away from the hug. Tony sat back on the teenagers bed with a sad look on his face.

Peter mumbled a quick "I need to get some air," before running to the window.

He already had his suit on underneath his pjs, as last night he was too tired to change.

He climbed out of the window, pulled his mask over his face and tore his clothes off, throwing them back into his room.

He saw a stunned Tony looking out the window at him as he swung off, tears springing to his eyes.

He should've been there. He should've looked after Loki, should've protected him. But he didn't. He was the reason Loki was gone.

Peter's breathing started gradually becoming heavier as he swung up a skyscraper, using the large flashing billboard to get to the roof.

He sat on the edge of the building and put his head in his hands.

Peter felt warm tears trickle down his face, and his face crumpled up as he tried not to sob.

It's his fault. Loki's gone because Peter wasn't there, because he wasn't enough.

He's never enough.

Peter couldn't save Uncle Ben, couldn't be there for Aunt May before the drink affected her, wasn't there when Loki was taken.

He's worthless.

Peter knew he screwed up. He knew he screwed up bad.

And how is he going to fix that?

Peter shook his head, pushing back doubts that had slowly crept into his mind. He didn't want to relapse. Not after he'd come so far...

Suddenly the sound of a loud helicopter brought Peter from his thoughts, his spidey senses going crazy.

Several HYDRA agents stepped out of the vehicle, carrying sub machine guns and wearing armour.

"Little spider. We've come to collect you."

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

"Cut there. No, lower. Yes. That's where the genetic code we want to flourish is locked away. Adding in the Freedom Serum will let it ooout."

A few scientists stood over Loki's unconscious state, holding medical equipment and a small vial of glowing blue liquid.

"Pour a few drops into the syringe. Tilt its head to the side slightly."

The head scientist, Dmitri Kovalev, was the one who had created the Freedom Serum and also in charge of the operation.

He was commanding and quite intimidating to many at HYDRA, knowing how much leverage the Russian scientist had on them.

His brother, Aleksei Kovalev was surprisingly not as clever. He made up for it in brawn, being the leader of many operations that included physicality, for example, fighting. In some cases, kidnapping.

Aleksei was the one to bring Loki in, and was currently trying to bring Spider-Man in, also known as Peter Parker.

"Inject it now." Dmitri commanded, and a smaller man did as told.

Almost instantly, Loki began to shake, twitch and whimper, making everyone in the room but Dmitri hesitate.

"It's going just as planned. Of course, little jötun will have a bit of a headache as it's new features develop, but that can't be helped." The Russian's thick accent came out, sounded eerily creepy.

"Take it back down to the solitary confinement rooms. It will need time to get used to it's new improvements."

Dmitri turned to the two guards standing at the door, taking a few steps away from Loki so they could cuff him and drag him away.

The scientists left the room, turning the lights off and locking the door.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Peter stood up shakily, looking around to see if there was any way he could get out of this without being shot. It wasn't exactly how he planned the rest of his sunrise swing, getting shot.

"Oh hey, guys. Early birds too?" Peter said to the menacing agents who were getting closer and closer to him with every second.

"Spider, we have no time for your small talk. Like I said, we've come to collect you." Aleksei Kovalev told Peter, his Russian accent clashing with the English he spoke so fluently.

"No thanks! I don't remember signing up for any Russian cult."

Aleksei scowled at Peter's quip, and walked towards him again.

Peter, tired from all the emotional stress and trauma, darted his eyes around looking for a quick exit.

He made a rookie mistake and turned his back on the Russian to try and swing away, only to be shot in the shoulder blade.

Peter yelped and fell down to the ground, his chest heaving as he gasped for breath.

He felt rough hands cuff his hands in thick steel and do the same to his ankles.

Peter felt something small against his neck as his spidey sense went crazy once more.

Peter started to jerk away from Aleksei, but unfortunately for him the Russian was quick.

The needle had been plunged into Peter's neck, spreading its contents into his bloodstream.

Peter's eyes started to droop, and he found himself drifting off to sleep.

Can anyone give me a reason why finding the equation of a perpendicular line will benefit me in later life? Maths is really annoying me right now 😭

I'm really sorry that my updating is inconsistent, I have no time management skills or anything like that 💀🤚

Next chapter comes on Saturday!

🐸✨