Dancing in the Dark

After Xiong Ziqi and her management had denied the rumors, Yue had spent the next month giving interviews and photoshoots to bring attention back to the drama rather than the ridiculous rumor that was spread because of those photos.

She really hated to be the center of attention when not necessary and didn't like that this rumor has caused so much unwanted attention on her personal life. She was really proud of the work that both her and Xiong Ziqi had done with this new project and wanted to bring back the focus to it but it was futile, all everyone wanted to know was the possibility of a romance between both actors. She Yue was grateful that Xiong Xiqi was a professional and would always try to deflect the questions when asked about their relationship.

She had been so busy with work and promotions that she had little to no time to herself. In the rare moments when she was allowed some alone time, she found herself missing her family and friends. It had been a while since she had seen any of them and she longed for a break so she could visit them.

She heard her assistant yell behind the door of her dressing room "Shen Yue! We have to leave so you can get ready for tonight."

Yue had completely forgotten that she was scheduled to attend a fundraiser gala and had been looking forward to finishing up early so that she could phone home and a couple of friends to catch up with them.

Wanting a minute to herself, she yelled back at her assistant "I'll be right out!" and leaned closer to her vanity mirror looking at herself. She was feeling down and felt the sadness starting to creeping in, she shook her head and slapped her cheeks and told herself "Come on Yue, you have no time for this."

She put a smile on her face and left her dressing room ready to get the gala over with, so that she could go home and rest.

________________________________

Wang He Di knew when he called the meeting with his management and Jing Wen's that it was going to be complicated but he didn't realize how complicated it would be. He felt bad that he didn't give Jing Wen a heads up about his plan but at the same time, he really did need this whole ordeal to be over with.

His management and Jing Wen's team were both very unhappy with him but he did not back down and they all came to an understanding. They all agreed that they would release a statement saying that due to their busy schedules they have decided to go their separate ways but remain friends and they both would attend one last event together in hopes that it would lessen netizen's negative comments about both artists.

Wang He Di knew that Jing Wen would most likely get criticized worse than him and agreed to his and her management teams suggestion, that if they were seen together amicably right after their announcement it would potentially help both their images.

He was not that happy about the suggestion but wanted to end the fake romance, so that he could deal with his next big issue.

Yue.

He really hadn't thought of how or when he was going to see her so that he could apologize but he knew that he need to do it soon. He wanted to deal with Jing Wen first before he thought of facing Yue.

At least that is what he kept telling himself and not like how Caesar had told him, that he was just prolonging seeing Yue.

He just wanted to take back control of his life before he headed into the storm that he created with Yue. He was unsure of how things were going to go with her and the uncertainty always made him uneasy.

He just hoped that when he did have her in front of him that he will have the courage to face her and be strong enough to brace the thunderstorm he would have to face.