Fairytale

Yue had always found fairytales as an escape from life's hardships.

That after all the suffering the prince and princess went through, it was worth it for their happily ever after.

To think that everyone can have a happy ending after overcoming the bumps along the road, made her feel hopeful that she too could have a happy ending.

As she sat in her new apartment, which she was currently living with Wang He Di and she looked around at the walls covered with pictures of them, their families and friends, all moments telling their story of love and endurance. She couldn't help but feel like those princesses in those fairytales she had escaped to so many times, getting lost in its pages to reach those finale pages to their happy endings, except that this time instead of being excited to reach the ending of the story she was now excited to start the beginning of their story together, finally.

She had thought back at when they both had talked and argued for many hours over if they should go public with their relationship. At one point she thought they might actually break-up over it but one night in the middle of the dark, he hugged her from behind and kissed her temple with an "I'm sorry".

She sighed and took his hand in hers and interlaced their fingers together.

"And I love you. I know that I'm being unfair about this whole us waiting a bit longer before going public but I want you to know it has nothing to do with you or being ashamed of being associated with you. If anything it's my own way of protecting what we have for us. I love that you want everyone to know about us but at the same time I kinda want to keep us to ourselves for a while longer."

She kissed his hand and continued "I promise you that we will not have to hide forever. I just feel that the most important people in our lives should have a right to know and the public can wait because I do not need the public to judge our relationship or tell us how we should feel, when I can feel our love for one another even now in the dark. I feel your love for me at every moment of the day, even on days that we're not together. If going public is really important to you, then I am willing to compromise and go public because I love you but I just want you to know that I will love you all the same whether if it's in the dark or the spotlight."

She felt him hugger her tighter and lean his head against the back of hers before saying "I love you and I'm sorry, if you have felt that I am pressuring you into going public. I guess I have been anxious about being separated from you so often and that is unfair to you, to our relationship. Thank you for always trying to protect us, it means the world to me to know how much this means to you. I also want you to know that this means everything to me and sometimes I just want the world to know it too but I totally agree that the whole world doesn't need to know and just our world is enough."

Yue turned towards He Di and whispered to him in the dark before kissing him "Just for a while longer, love. I promise."

After that night they hadn't fought over the issue, that is until this morning.

Yue was so confused and hated to fight with him about it. She thought that they had resolved the issue but apparently it was something that had really bothered him.

She had talked to Wen and Jia Qi and they both convinced her to go out with them to get her mind off of things. Yue was in such a sour mood that she really didn't feel like going out, it didn't help that He Di was away for work and they hadn't spoken the whole day.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

Yue groaned knowing that it was most likely her friends, ready for a night out. She got up the couch reluctantly to open the door.