Chapter 1

Rose walks through the rubble of Hogwarts and can see the blank faces looking up at her, both allies and enemies alike. They've taken the battle back to Hogwarts where the first one took place. Now at the age of twenty-two, Rose is feeling the affects of the war. She just wants it to end.

She makes her way to the courtyard and it is bare. There is nothing there anymore and there are bodies scattered all around. Rose faintly remembers they are from her and a fire coming out of her that wasn't her typical magic. She knows her father was a fairy, particularly a fire fairy and so is she.

Rose makes her way over to Voldemort.

"It's over, Tom! You are dying today!" Rose shouts at him.

"You are mistaken, it is you who shall die," he sneers at her.

She barely lifts her wand before her disarming charm is connecting with his killing curse. They meet in the middle and Rose pushes her spell with all of her might. She pushes the spell towards him, but she can see him push his spell towards her. Rose doesn't let that stop her. She puts everything into her spell, including her flames.

She watches as the flames connect with her magic and push back Voldemort's spell. Both spells hit his body and Rose watches him fall to the ground with a mundane thump, just the way he didn't want to die.

Rose slumps to the ground, letting the grief finally overtake her. She's lost everything and everyone, she has nothing left here. Rose picks herself off the floor and can see the flames she caused. She quickly extinguishes them with a flick of her wrist. She walks to the Headmasters office and finds the Sorting Hat.

She sticks her hand in one last time and pulls out the Sword of Gryffindor. It's always been a beautiful blade with a beautiful hilt, but now she can see that the hilt has changed. Instead of it being jewell encrusted, it is now a leather hilt.

Rose conjours a scabbard for the blade and puts it on her back. She walks out of Hogwarts and just beyond the wards. She apparates back home and before she can reach her door, she can feel someone behind her. She grips her wand and cautiously turns around to face the person.

A woman stands there and Rose can feel the power coming off of her. She takes a step backwards and she is behind her wards.

"Can I help you?" Rose calls out.

"Are you Rose Potter?" The woman asks.

"Yes, who's asking?"

"I am Farah Dowling, the Headmistress of Alfea and it's been a long time since we've had a Potter grace our halls."

"Sorry, I was busy fighting a war, and that my father was killed in one."

"So you know of your inheritance."

"Of course I do. The goblins explained it to me."

"Would you consider coming to Alfea to hone your magic?"

Rose thinks over it for a moment. She doesn't have anything here. Everything that would be holding her back, is gone. Her friends and family are gone and there is nothing left for her here.

"Yes. I'll come with you."

Dowling gives her a small smile before motioning her to follow her. Rose absentmindedly realises she still looks like she is in a war.

"Would you mind if I changed?" Rose asks.

"Of course, that would be no problem," Dowling says.

Rose walks into Grimmauld Place and she lets Dowling come in as well. Grimmauld Place isn't as grim as it used to be, but there is still a darkness there, considering it was used as a war room.