Chapter 4

The next couple of weeks is Rose spent exploring the school and seeing what mischief she can cause. She introduced Sky to the invisibility cloak, and as she promised Saul, she cooked him a roast dinner, which consisted of roasted chicken, with a side of mash potates and some corn, along with some broccoli. She's gone back every night to make sure they don't have to suffer through Saul's spaghetti.

She also started to meditate to connect with her fire better. She's gotten better at creating images and controlling the size of the fire. Terra especially loves this time with Rose and Sam can be coaxed into coming out as well. She's gotten many requests of flowers and animals.

She also showed Sky her magic to his heart's content. It was quite a day for her because not only did he use her to run away from Saul again, but he kept her occupied all day until she needed to cook dinner. It was worth it though, seeing the awe and wonder light up Sky's eyes and being proud that she made him feel like that.

In those weeks, Rose also found some secret passages. She knows that they'll help her get to class quicker, but the also help hide Sky when he wants to hide from Saul.

Now Rose is sitting on the grass with Terra, Sky, and Sam while she meditates to connect better with just her fire. Terra had suggested many flowers for her to create and she's obliged with every single request, now she's working on her own request. A Hungarian Horntail.

Rose focuses on what the dragon looks like and shoots her fire upward. She can hear the gasps and squeals of delight from the kids. Rose takes that as a good sign and opens her eyes while looking skyward.

There is a Hungarian Horntail in fire and it is the exact same size and looks just like the one Rose fought in the Triwizard Tournament. A smile spreads across her face that she can create an image like that, but now she needs to incorporate her magic into her fighting. Because she'll be damned if these kids have to fear for their lives when they are teens like she did.

"That's cool, Rosie," Sky says as he looks at the dragon.

"Is that a dragon?" Sam asks.

"A Hungarian Horntail to be exact. They are from my world, and I had to fight one when I was in fourth year," Rose says.

"But isn't that dangerous?" Terra's voice pipes up.

"Of course it is, but I outsmarted it and am still here, so that's a plus."

Rose smirks at the children and gets rid of her fire. She's found it as easy as wielding her magic. Now the next step for her is to intergrate it into her fighting. She stands up and the children follow her lead.

"What are we doing now?" Sam asks.

Rose checks her phone for the time and sees it is almost lunch time. She tucks her phone back in her pocket and scoops up Terra.

"It's lunch time. Catch me if you can!" Rose calls to the boys as she runs ahead of them with Terra giggling.

Rose can hear the boys shouting after her and giggling. She peeks a look behind her shoulder and sees they aren't that far behind her. Rose just gives them a little smirk before she readjusts Terra and darts to Saul's room, his kitchen is the best, anyway.

Rose turns the corner to Saul's room and sees Sam already standing there. He has a victorious smile on his lips and Terra scowls at him, but she doesn't really look mean, she looks like a kitten trying to be a lion. Rose gives his win an acknowledging nod and then Sky skids down the hallway.

He lets out a groan when he sees Sam, Rose, and Terra there. "You are such a cheater, Sam!"

"Am not!" Sam protests.