Chapter 3

Rose walks quietly into her room while canceling the ward she had up. She goes to her closet and pulls out some nicer clothes. Molly Weasley would be disappointed in her if she didn't put at least a little bit of effort with her first meat with her soulmate. Rose can hear her now.

"He might be your soulmate, but at least try to impress him," she would say.

Rose lets out a sad sigh as she remembers her surrogate mother. She was taken out by a Death Eater and Rose killed that one. The only Weasleys left are Bill and Fleur, Charlie, and Ginny. Rose can feel the sadness wash over her and she walks into the bathroom and puts up a silencing charm so the children wouldn't be able to hear her.

She cries for the family she lost, but she knows they are reconnected with their loved ones. She sits on the side of the tub and lets her emotions out. She's been standing so tall and been so strong for a long time, that she needs to break down. She cries for what feels like forever and when the tears finally stop, she stands up and wipes her face.

She looks in the mirror and her face is all red and splotchy, but a quick splash of water gets rid of some of the red. She cancels the silencing charm and takes a few calming breaths. She walks out of the bathroom and sees Terra and Sam are awake now. Terra's face lights up when she sees Rose.

"Rosie!" Terra cries with glee.

A smile slides onto Rose's face, unable to keep it at bay with how excited Terra is to see her.

"Hello little Lilac. How was your nap?" Rose asks.

"I woke up cuddling Sam! Boys have cooties!" Her eyes widen as she looks at her brother and then back to Rose. "Does that mean I have cooties?"

"I think your brother is different than boys that aren't family," Rose soothes her. "Now I have a dinner to get ready for. I'll get you to your dad. Come on."

Terra doesn't budge though. She looks at Rose with pleading eyes and lifts her arms. Rose lets out a laugh and lifts Terra into her arms. Sam looks at the spectacle with jealousy in his eyes. Rose quickly thinks of a plan and knows she has the muscles to carry towo children.

"Come on, I'll carry you, too."

Sam's eyes light up in glee as he stands on Rose's bed. He walks over to her and Rose shifts Terra to her right side and Sam slots into her left side. Rose secures her grip on both children before she is certain that they won't fall. Before she leaves the room she gives both children a look.

"If you want an escape from your dad, and when the students get here, find me or just go to my room. It will always be open to you," Rose says.

"Thanks, Rosie," Sam says.

A smile breaks out onto her face as she hears Sam use the nickname Terra gave her.

"You're welcome, Sammy."

She sees his nose scrunch up a little but he lets it go. Rose gives both of them another smile before she walks out of her room, using her magic to open the door to her suite. She walks to the greenhouses because Terra said he's always in there.

The walk isn't that long and when she nears the greenhouse, she uses her magic to gently open the door. She can see Ben in there and he looks up to see Rose holding both of his children.

"They weren't too much trouble, were they?" He asks.

"Oh no, they were great. They even got a nap in," Rose says.

She can see his eyes widen, as if he is surprised she got them to take a nap.

"It is always a struggle for me to get them to nap."