Chapter 12

It's late February when they finally get snow and Rose is ecstatic. She bundles up and helps Teddy and Sky bundle up as well. She is thankful that it is Saturday, but Saul disappeared somewhere earlier this morning.

The three of them walk out of the room and run into Sam, Terra, and Ben. Ben gives her a smile while Terra runs into Rose's legs.

"Hello, Lilac. What are you three doing?" Rose asks.

"We are going to go play in the snow!" Terra exclaims.

"That's exactly what we were going to do," Rose says.

"You can join us!" Sam exclaims.

Rose smiles at them and follows them out of the building. Ben falls into step next to Rose.

"I hear congratulations are in order," Ben says.

"Oh?" Rose asks.

"Saul told me he proposed to you."

"Ah, yes he did. We are going to get married sometime in the summer."

"How wonderful."

Rose smiles at Ben before her attention is turned back to the children. They are jumping into the snow and Rose quickly casts a warming charm on all four of them before doing the same for herself and Ben. Ben gives her a nod of appreciation and Rose just smiles back.

Terra pops out of the snow first and runs over to Rose. She pulls Rose away from her father and away from the boys as well. Rose follows her without question.

"Can we have a snowball fight?" Terra asks.

Rose looks down at her and then at the snow. It's not light and fluffy, but rather dense and perfect for snow balls. "Yes we can, but we need reinforcements. Let me get Farah and Madeline."

Rose sends a quick message to both of them. Terra and I are going to wage war on the boys with snowballs. Need your help.

Madeline responds first. Be out in a minute.

Farah responds next. Count me in.

Rose lets out a laugh before look at Terra.

"We will have the reinforcements we need," Rose informs her.

"Yes!" Terra exclaims.

Rose lets out another laugh before secretly creating snowballs with her magic. She starts to create a fort while keeping an eye on the boys. They are oblivious as to what Rose and Terra are planning.

When the fort is complete, Rose levitates the snowballs to the fort and stacks them up. Terra is grinning with glee and then Madeline and Farah join them. Rose quickly casts a warming charm on both of them and they send her grateful smiles.

Rose bends down behind the fort and they follow her lead.

"Here's the plan. We strike with precision and fast. They won't know what's hit them," Rose says.

Terra lets out a giggle and they pop out from behind their spot. Rose aims her snowball at Ben and hits him directly in the chest. She can see Madeline and Farah aim at Ben as well, while Terra aims at the boys. Their snowballs hit their targets perfectly and Ben falls down in surprise while the boys look over at them with glares.

Ben looks up at them with exasperation.

"Saul! They're teaming up against us!" Ben yells.

Saul comes from around the school and Rose doesn't like the amount of snowballs he has. Rose quickly forms more snowballs with her magic and makes sure they have more than the boys. Saul quickly joins the boys and they start making their fort.