Chapter 2

When Rose jolts awake, she calms her breathing, but she can't help but jolt awake. Habits made in war are hard to break. She gets out of her bed and does her morning routine. She dresses in some shorts and a t-shirt while looking for her sneakers.

She goes out of her room and out of the suite before she is running down the halls and out of the school. She takes in the peacefulness of the grounds. Rose hasn't had a peace like this in forever. She doesn't have to worry about fighting or anything like that. She can be who she wants.

Rose continues her run until she can hear two sets of feet running behind her. She looks back and there is Saul and Sky. She gives both of them a smile before they catch up with her.

"How fast can you run, Sky?" Rose asks.

"Fast," Sky says in between puffs of air.

"How about you and I have a race. I'll give you a couple second head start. We'll race until the training area," Rose says.

"What do I get if I win?" Sky asks.

"I will show you all the magic I can do to your hearts content. And if I win, you have to everything Saul tells you," Rose shoots Saul a cheeky grin and she can see him give her one back while rolling his eyes.

"Go!" Saul yells and Sky takes off.

Rose gives him a three second head start before she is darting after him. Even though she's been running for a while, she catches up to Sky pretty quickly. She slows her pace to let him get ahead of her, but when they start to near the training area, she can see Sky run even faster. Rose shakes her head and darts after the boy.

She gains on him easily and she passes him just as they reach the training area. Sky stops and lets out a groan.

"Maybe next time, bud," Rose ruffles Sky's hair. She bends down so she is in front of Sky. "I'll show you my magic tomorrow."

Rose has a grin on her face and gives Sky a wink and the smile is back on his face. Saul eventually gets to them and gives Rose a grin.

"I think I saw Rose win, so you know what that means," Saul states.

Sky lets out another groan and Rose laughs at his antics. She ruffles his hair.

"You never fail to amuse me, Sky," Rose just laughs again.

She turns to leave, but Saul stops her.

"Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?" Saul asks.

Rose gives him a warm smile, as if she'd say no to her soulmate. She walks over to him and gives him a kiss on his cheek.

"I'd love to," Rose says before she leaves them.

Saul looks after her with a grin on his face and Sky catches the look.

"Oh, someone's got a crush!" Sky taunts.

"She's my soulmate. And I think she said you have to do everything I say," Saul tells Sky.

Sky lets out another groan before he nods his head.

- - -

Rose walks to her suite and takes a shower to get the sweat off of her, she dresses and when she leaves her suite, Dowling is waiting for her.

"I will start training you today," Dowling tells Rose. "You will learn to harness your power and use it."

Rose just nods her head and when they turn around, Rose is nearly knocked down by a child. It's not Terra, and Sky is with Saul, though this boy looks like Terra.