two: introduce yourself

CHAPTER 2

You wake up to your alarm ringing loudly, and Bella screaming through the walls, telling you to shut it off. You get turn off your alarm and go on your phone to check your notifications. You see that Rae sent you the link on discord for the game later tonight and you go on Instagram for an hour just liking people's posts. You see Sykkuno on your timeline with a picture of his dog Bimbus in a Sykkuno outfit. Instant like for me, you think as you double tap the post. Finally after swiping your day away, you roll out of bed, slide your bear slippers on, and go get some breakfast. You see Bella and Ashley already sitting at the table talking.

"morning sunshine," Ashley says to you as she eats her bowl of Cocoa Puffs.

You groan in response.

"sassy already? what time did you sleep last night?" Ashley asks curiously as she watches you drowsily put a poptart in the toaster.

Unsure, you respond, "2am maybe?"

"omg why? what were you doing last night?" Bella concerningly replies.

"oh do you remember my friend Rae from high school?"

"kind of, yeah," they both say.

"we caught up last night and turns out she streams too," you say, taking out your poptart and taking a seat in between them. 

"wait a minute... is her username Valkyrae?" your two friends exchange glances, their eyes glowing with both curiosity and excitement.

oblivious, you take a bite of your poptart and say "i don't know, maybe?" 

"YOU KNOW *THE* VALKYAE?" 

you watch as your friends freak out, not understanding why. "uh what's going on?"

"kale, have you not been streaming Sykkuno recently?"

"uhhh no why?" i thought we were talking about rae? how did sykkuno get in this conversation?

"GIRLLLLL... LITERALLY RAE PLAYS WITH SYKKUNO" oh. that's why.

you feel yourself start to blush, but eventually deny the possibilities of them knowing each other. "no no no y'all are playing with me, she doesn't"

They take your phone out of your hands and go onto youtube. you watch as they type in valkyrae in the search bar and pulling up an among us video. at first you saw nothing out of the ordinary, but then you see him. Sykkuno was there. Your eyes grow wide in shock. Rae didn't tell you she knew him––even when you were talking last night. And knowing how strong-minded she is, she's going to try to get me and sykkuno together, at least as friends. 

"oh no."

"what's wrong?"

"rae asked me to play among us with her tonight at 5."

your friends begin to squeal, "oh my god, you're so gonna play with sykkuno!! good luck out there soldier," hyping you up with a salut.

-timeskip-

It was almost time to stream. You put on your makeup and wear an oversized black t-shirt with black pants, pretty basic but hey it's cute. You get set up and hit stream.

"hi guys, girls, gays, and theys! Today we will be playing among us again, but with new people! I don't know if you know her, but Rae, my friend from high school, invited me to play with her and her friends!"

Your chat starts to blow up with so many comments about Rae. You knew she was successful, but you didn't know she was this famous.

"to be honest chat, i'm kind of nervous because there's going to be so many new people i have to meet. what if they think i'm annoying? what if they don't like me?"

Your chat reassures you with 'you'll be fine' and 'you got this!' messages. After you calm down and collect yourself you join the lobby.

As soon as Rae sees you log on, Rae starts talking, "LOOK ITS MY FRIEND I'VE BEEN TELLING U GUYS ABOUT! GO INTRODUCE YOURSELF B!"

To most people this wasn't a big deal, but to you, introducing yourself was one of the most scariest, and nerve-racking things that hated doing. you feel your palms begin to sweat and your face start to heat up. "uhh hi everyone! i'm kayluna, but you can call me kaylin!" As you hear a bunch of hi's and hello's in the lobby, you begin to calm down and feel a smile growing across your cheeks, feeling very welcomed. You realized that you were playing with Valkyrae, Ludwig, CorpseHusband, Jacksepticeye, Pokimane, DisguisedToast, peterparkTV, and LilyPichu. All very famous streamers/youtubers you look up to.

"We're just waiting on one more person," Rae says.

A few moments later another person joins the lobby, but you were too busy thanking subs to notice until you hear him. what you didn't expect was to be mesmerized by him. a person who spoke so softly that every time you heard his voice, you couldn't help but smile. You could listen to him all day long. 

"h-hey guys sorry i'm late!"

You feel all the blood rush up to your cheeks as the nervousness and sweaty palms come back. You look at chat and it's absolutely flooded with comments saying 'oo kaylin's getting nervous' and 'omg kaylin's literally fangirling right now.'

You tell your audience, "guyssss shhh! i don't want him to think i fangirl over him so imma just pretend i never heard of him before... and yall bes not tell him! no snitches and no simping allowed!"

Rae begins to speak and says, "IT'S FINE! we have a new person playing with us today and she's my old friend from high school! New person aren't you going to introduce yourself?"

wow she really just put me on the spot like that. "uh- hi i'm kayluna, but you can call me kaylin!"

"hi kaylin it's really nice to meet you! i'm sykkuno!"

960 Words!

a/n thank you for reading!! don't forget to click vote if you liked this chapter but hey y'all how are you? did you eat enough today? drink enough water? go and get some right now >:(

here's a cookie for y'all 🍪luv and appreciate u