nine: ice cream with da besties

a/n hi everyone! i felt like i was lacking in the og besties content so here it is!

CHAPTER 9

they leave your room to get ready and you decide to put on a lazy outfit, picking up the first thing you see. sure, it may be sykkuno's hoodie but it's just because i'm too lazy to find an outfit okay?!  you say, mentally fighting with yourself. you put on his hoodie with a pair of shorts under and matching light blue shoes.

your outfit (minus the bag):

bella's outfit:

ashley's oufit:

ashley's oufit:

-timeskip-

-timeskip-

eating mint chocolate chip ice cream with your friends is truly instant serotonin. you really needed this after that mental breakdown today. we never went to that restaurant, but ice cream was good enough for me. 

after our usual jokes and talk, bella begins to ask you a little bit about sykkuno.

"so what's going on with you and sykkuno?"

"oh nothing we're just friends"

"mhmmmmmmm"

"i mean im not wrong but..."

"spill sis"

"i don't know if i really like him like that honestly and i'm not trying to like him  because what if he doesn't like me or what if he just leaves after i give him my heart and he just breaks it?" you take a pause and look down, "just like... you know..."

"kale, first of all, you overthink a lot. second of all, sykkuno isn't him. and he seems like a really nice guy who wouldn't hurt you. besides, we see how you look at him and how he looks at you."

"wait wait wait- you're telling me he looks at me a certain way?"

"YES!" they both scream at you in unison.

"like not just a look like a glance but a LOOK LOOK?"

"YES A LOOK LOOK!" ashley emphasizes.

you start to feel a tingly sense of hope on the inside which pauses when you hear a ding coming from your pocket. you take out your phone to see your notifications.

MESSAGES

>  bean sprout 🌱💛

good morning :)

you start to blush and your friends start to notice.

"that's sykkuno isn't it" bella assumes.

"uhh maybe"

"so you say you don't like him but you A) text and call him every day, B) smile and/or blush whenever he texts you, and C) you're wearing his hoodie," ashley lists out.

"uhh i-"

"it's okay if you like someone, you know?"

"yeah, but i never really like people like that. it's rare. i just don't want to get my heart broken again..." you say looking down, fiddling with your fingers.

"either way kale, we'll always be here for you."

"thanks guys- i truly mean it," you say with a little more confidence in your voice.

you, bella, and ashley all leave and walk towards car, about to go home.

not wanting to go home yet, you suggest, "hey guys do you wanna get some boba?"

"sure, lets go," they agree.

"okay cool but im not driving"

"we know kaylin. you HATE driving"

you give out a little laugh and yell "SHOTGUN" and run towards the car. when you try to open the door, your pull gets refrained. "it's locked..."

"kale we love you but you are absolutely not riding in the front seat when you don't even know how to get home."

you groan but you can't complain because it's true, you're the worst at giving directions.

645 Words!

a/n thank you so much for reading this chapter! im posting another chapter soon so get excited for it!! it's more kaykkuno and it's a longer chapter than usual.

do you prefer longer chapters or shorter chapters?

anyways, luv luv luv u shrimps and don't forget to vote bbs <3

- kt