seven: warm hugs

CHAPTER 7

Ever since you met up with Rae and the gang, all you've been doing was spend time them.

"hey guys, rae just asked me if you wanted to get lunch with the rest of the homies. you down?"

"yeah bet," bella says. "what about you ashley?"

"yeah sure, when?"

"so you see guys... we may be going out in 20 mins and i may have forgotten to tell you guys when she called me an hour ago..."

"KAYLIN!!!!" 

you all go into your rooms and rush getting ready. 

kaylin's outfit:

after you all get ready, you get a text from rae saying that she's outside with poki. you meet up and you five drive to the closest pizza place.

you were just planning to grab lunch together until you hear a ding coming from poki's phone.

"hey guys, you wanna go to the beachhhh?" poki asks.

"oo that sounds fun!"

"yeah let's do it!"

"okay cool, the rest of OTV invited us and they said we can all go only if we get them pizza too haha"

You can't wait to go on this fun day trip with all of your friends. You didn't necessarily dress up for the beach, but you weren't going to leave the group just to go home and change.

"BEACH HERE WE COME WOOO!" Rae cheers. You hop in the car with Rae, Poki, Ashley, and Bella, and watch as you drive by LA. you saw the bright blue sky with all the tall palm trees. You pass by the big fluffy clouds touching the high hills and the Hollywood signs. These sights, unassuming to most, but to you, it was a beauty to be treasured.

You all finally get to the beach and you smile as you see the ocean glisten in the sun. You close your eyes and take a breath of fresh air. You haven't gone to the beach since you were a little kid, yet you love it so much. You honestly didn't know what to do until you turn around and see Michael taking out frisbees, kites, and volleyballs as Lily carries the sandcastle molds and a little bubble machine.

After playing a couple rounds of volleyball (and accidentally hitting Toast in the face in between lol), you decide to take a little break. As you wipe the sand off your arms, you look up to see all your friends around you. Michael and Lily flying kites together, Ashley and Bella trying to take Toast and Sykkuno down in Volleyball, Rae and Poki throwing sand at each other, and Scarra yelling at Rae and Poki for destroying his sandcastle. You smile as you take another deep breath, taking this moment in, wanting this happiness to last forever.

You get up and start walking towards the sea, with the strong desire of dipping your feet in. You take off your shoes and roll up your sweatpants to stand in the water. you feel the sand at your feet and the cooling water coming towards you in little waves. you look up to see the sun set right before your eyes. it was quiet for a few moments until you hear small splashes of water; someone walking towards you.

"kaylin?"

"oh- hi sykkuno" you quickly reply. not knowing what to say, you two stand in silence and gaze at the purpley pink sky, watching the sun go down together.

You feel your teeth begin to chatter as a gust of wind came your way. You didn't know you were going to be out this late, and you only wore a crop top and sweatpants. You rub your arms to try to warm yourself up. 

Sykkuno looks at you as you shiver.  "hey, are you cold?"

"oh no no i'm fine" i am freezing.

sensing your little white lies, sykkuno takes off his light blue hoodie and hands it to you. 

"here, take it"

"no no its okay sykkunie im okay"

"i can see you shivering kaylin..."  

"im nottttttt"

sykkuno sighs at your stubbornness, but then chuckles. 

"w-why are you laughing?"

"oh nothing"

"tell meeeeeeee"

he walks up to you, coming closer and closer. he's so close that you could hear his heartbeat. you felt your heart begin to race, as if it's about to pump out of your chest. you watch as he takes his hoodie and puts it on you. you give in and embrace the warmth, feeling comfort in sykkuno's scent. 

you smile to yourself, overwhelmed with the fact that you're wearing his  hoodie. your eyes meet and you feel your face getting hot. nervous, you look down at your oversized sleeves.

"you look cute in my hoodie"

you look up with your eyes widened. you didn't expect him to be so bold.

"not that you didn't look cute before i- uh-"

"thanks sykkuno," looking at him with smiling eyes and a blushed face.

you two take a little walk on the beach just talking and getting to know each other more until it was time to go. you return to the rest of the group and exchange hugs and goodbyes. when you get to rae, she eyes you up and down, noticing "your" new hoodie. oop i forgot i had his hoodie. she whispers, "we're talking about this later." 

the last person you had to say goodbye to tonight was sykkuno. you walk up to him as your eyes meet. 

"uh hi sykkuno"

"hi kaylin," he looks down at your/his hoodie.

"oh your hoodie- here i'll give it back to you"

"no no it's okay. keep it"

"are you sure?"

"ya it looks better on you anyway."

"bye beansprout," you say, opening your arms for a hug.

he comes closer to you, making your heart beat just as fast as before. he wraps his arms around you as you bury your face into his shoulder. after hugging everyone today, you like his hugs the most. his hugs were just different--they make you feel all bubbly and warm on the inside and you don't know why.

a/n omg this pinterest pic is so cute omg

"call you tonight kayluna"

1061 Words!

a/n hey everyone im back! im sorry i took a little while to update but i hope you enjoy this chapter! thank you so much for being patient and thank you so much for all the support :)

dont forget to vote luvs <3

- kt