Chapter 30

“Since you are from a long haul flight, we may have to wait for at least 48 hours before we collect blood from you. It’s for your own good since long flights usually caused dehydration. We don’t want to cause any harm to you because your daughter needs you.” the doctor advised Lea after learning that she just literally landed from a plane.

“Can I already take her home after that? How long will she have to stay here?” she asked, still worried but a little relieved now that she was told Aya’s condition is treatable. Her head had started aching even before she left Manila because of worrying and thinking too much.

From the moment Dawn called her and informed her about Aya’s well-being, she couldn’t stop thinking about her daughter. She didn’t waste any minute and immediately booked a flight to San Francisco; and all throughout her flight, all she has in mind was Aya. Nothing but her daughter. She actually felt like she just lost half of her sanity. It was a mixture of excitement of seeing her again and a fright of what she might see once she reaches to her.

And now, she’s already here. Just a door away from her daughter.

“If she continues to improve, I will just only need to prescribe medicines to boost her platelet production and you can already take her home. But right now, she really needs close-monitoring till she’s at low-risk of bleeding.”

Lea nodded in understanding, “Just please make sure she’ll get better.”

“Of course.” The doctor assured her before excusing himself. Lea heaved a deep breath as she prepared herself to go inside her daughter’s room and to finally see Aya. Her Aya.

She walked passed Aga and Dawn, once again ignoring their existence just like what she has been doing since she arrived. She doesn’t want to acknowledge them because that’s the best she can do for now to people whom she had grown hatred to— despite the fact that she badly wants to slit their neck. Especially Aga’s.

She’s already holding the doorknob and was about to twitch it when a strong force held her arm that stopped her from doing so. A familiar force that has dragged her down multiple times.

“You are not allowed to go inside!” Aga firmly stated.

A vexatious smile creeps in her lips as she slightly bows her head. He’s angry obviously, and she likes the idea of pissing him off just by merely being alive. She remembers herself smirking earlier when she heard him telling the doctor that she’s already dead— and she remembers how epic his reaction was when she walked in.

She looked at him still wearing that smile, “You can see me?” she innocently and playfully asked. “Am I not a ghost yet? I thought I am already dead. When did I die nga ba?” she taunted him.

“Cut that crap, Lea! Hindi ako nakikiaggagohan sa’yo!”

“Coming from someone who is a certified moron? A fucking selfish jerk? A total asshole? Nice, fucking try again next time!” her eyes went back to being cold and blank again as she shot him a merciless glare. It could’ve killed Aga as her mere stares are danger. She’s beyond infuriated. “Bitawan mo nga ako!”

“Bibitawan lang kita kung aalis ka na! How did you even know that we’re here!?”

Lea glanced at Dawn behind him but didn’t say anything about her conversation with his sister, “Ang sabi ko, bitawan mo ‘ko!” she repeated but Aga only held her arm more vehemently. It seems to her that he’s really testing her temper. And so she showed him its consequence. Narked, she wasn’t able to stop herself from slapping him using her other hand.

Dawn’s eyes even went bigger when she witnessed what Lea just did. Aga was taken by a total surprise that he wasn’t able to react to it, but he sure could feel his cheek burning from that hard slap.