Chapter 6

“You’re my Mom?” Aya asked her which made Lea nervous. Damn, what did I just say?

She pulled off from hugging Aya and wiped her tears, “N-no... I-I am not”

“But you said you are sorry for leaving me? What does that mean?” her daughter continued interrogating her and she’s left dumbfounded. Para siyang tangang hindi makasagot nang deretso sa anak niya. “Hay, maybe you’re just too emotional, Tita.”

“Y-yeah, maybe,” was Lea’s response. “Sorry for that”

“It’s fine, Tita. I hope it made you feel okay” Aya said and smiled at her.

“So, what are we going to do now?” pag-iiba niya ng usapan dahil nakalimutan na nila na may gagawin pa pala sila.

“You’re supposed to know that already, Tita. You plan to surprise Daddy ‘di ba? What kind of surprise po ba?”

Muli na namang napakamot sa ulo si Lea dahil sa katangahan niya. She started questioning her self how the hell did she come up with all of these. Para siyang sumugod sa giyera nang hindi handa.

“Uhm...” she acted like thinking when in reality she doesn’t need to make any effort with this surprise anymore. Magpakita lang ako kay Aga masu-surprise na ‘yun nang bonggang bongga. But she remembered something special is coming for Aga, “How about a birthday surprise for your Dad?”

“Huh? That’s in two months pa eh”

“Yeah, but the longer that we prepare for it, the better it can get right? I’m sure you wanted your Dad’s birthday to be fabulous”

Aya’s face finally lit up with her suggestion, “Sabagay, Tita. I really wanted it to be really special.”

“You really love your Dad ‘noh?” tanong niya rito. Ako rin, love ko ‘yun. Dati.

“Do you even need to ask that, Tita? Of course I love my Dad very much. He always makes me laugh. He’s got a lot of patience kahit na I’m very makulit, and I’m sure he loves me so much too.”

“That’s for sure,” Lea said and smiled. “What grade are you in na nga? You’re very articulate that I sometimes forgot you’re just eight”

“Second, Tita”

“Of what school?”

“Holy Angel Academy. My school’s a little bit far from here po, sometimes it’s tiring to travel but it’s worth it naman po.”

Lea tried to recall where she heard that school, “Oh... that’s an expensive institution. You’re very lucky!”

“It doesn’t matter how expensive my school is, Tita. Daddy told me that just having the opportunity to go to school everyday makes me lucky already,” Aya said which made Lea listen to her. Her daughter is full of wisdom. “Growing up, I’m a little bit spoiled knowing that I can always get what I want. I sometimes forgot to appreciate little things as I always demand for the big ones. Daddy would always remind me to never take every thing that I have right now for granted because not everyone is blessed to have the things I have. He would also add that to stay grounded I should never think that we’re rich or we‘re above others because we’re not. I just happen to have a family who made good business that can pay for my tuition, provide me shelter, and give me everything that I need. I just happen to be living this kind of life and for that I should be grateful, and I am, Tita. I’m always grateful”

Aya was drawing something while she was saying those things. It seems like she doesn’t even need to think of the words she wanted to say, they just go out of her mouth effortlessly.