Chapter 27

/PRESENT/

It was already late at night when they were able to go home causing Sky to fall asleep once again in the car. Ian’s carrying him while Lea was the one who opened every door they entered until they reached his room. He carefully laid Sky in his bed to not disturb his sleep.

“Mauna ka na sa kwarto. Ako na ang magpapalit ng damit nito.” he told Lea as quietly as he could.

The latter just nodded and went nearer to her son to kiss him goodnight, “Mama loves you.” she whispered to Sky’s ear before walking out of the room.

She directly headed to their own room and changed her clothes into her pyjamas. She was too tired that she didn’t even think of taking a shower anymore. It doesn’t matter anyway. Sigurado naman siya na hindi magrereklamo ang asawa dahil mabango pa rin naman siya.

Ian soon went in, looking so exhausted too. He’s been out the whole day and his body felt too worked up. He sat on the edge of their bed and removed his shoes.

“Misis, can you reach for the Vix? It’s in the drawer. My head kinda hurts.”

Lea immediately looked for the ointment and handed it to him, “Go and change your clothes, I’ll massage that.” she said as she she watched him apply it on both of his temple.

“I’ll just sleep this off, honey. Alam kong pagod ka rin.”

“C’mon, don’t be choosy. I know you like my massages a lot, Sir.” she said and smiled playfully at him. “Kaya magbihis ka na roon para hindi na hassle kasi sigurado akong makakatulog ka agad.”

Ian giggled, “You’re the best talaga, Misis!”

After changing his clothes, Lea made his head rest on her lap as she started massaging his temples. Gentle yet having a pressure. “Feeling better?”

“Hmm-m. Your hands are really experts.” closed eyes, he said and smirk. It meant differently and dirty to Lea that made her laugh and playfully slap his cheek. “Why are you laughing? Ikaw, ha, kung ano ano iniisip mo.” he teased her as if he was innocent.

“You naughty, naughty man!” she said and chuckled.

He laughed as well and enjoyed his wife’s massage. It was too good that he felt the need to drift off to sleep already. Pero ayaw niya namang tulugan ang asawa kaya nilabanan niya ang antok.

“Anyway, Misis, what time will Manang Helen be here tomorrow? Kasi I’ll the farm to catch up with my absence. Para sana may kasama si Sky rito sa bahay since wala na siyang klase.”

“I’m sure she will be here first thing in the morning. She’ll probably be here before we woke up.” she replied and laughed a little.

Ian now manages the farm and their business since she let go of it and went back to her beloved field. Her trusted his son-in-law enough to agree with that sudden transition. It was actually Ian who pushed her to get her license back. After they got married, he encouraged her to study again and continue being a doctor. He knew how passionate she is about it more than anything else so he wanted to support her as much as he could.

But Lea, no matter how she wanted to, hesitated at first. Studying again would take up so much time and she was so busy being a mother to Sky end being a wife to Ian that time. But her husband was motivating and supportive enough to be able to convince her, saying that he’s there to always help her with everything.

That is why she’s really grateful to this man for being one of the people who put her on where she is right now. She could have not strived and succeeded if he wasn’t there to back her up.