Chapter 58

Ashley's eyes shoot open. She just can't sleep very good. She fell asleep fast, but she's been tossing and turning all night. She lifts herself up to look at the clock. Eleven o'clock. Wow, they must have gone to bed early. Was it really still only eleven o'clock?

"James. James." She whispers. "Are you awake?"

No answer.

"Danny?"

Still no answer.

"Ugh." Ashley says. Now who was she supposed to talk to till she fell asleep? She lays there for a while longer, tossing and turning, not being able to get comfortable, and then she gives up and crawls around the bed to where James is.

"James? Are you awake?" Ashley whispers again. "I guess that's a no." She says, after not hearing anything. She lays down beside him and puts her head on his chest. Then her heart rate spikes. He hadn't worn a shirt tonight! She squirms closer and smells the smell that she's come to know as James, and closes her eyes.

Then she hears a noise and opens her eyes. James pulls her closer, and lays his blanket over her. Ashley smiles. James is very sweet.

"Now just fall asleep, Ash." James whispers into Ashley's ear. "Sleep tight."

Ashley lays her head back down on James' chest, and lays her hand in front of her face, on his side. She closes her eyes, and finally feels the familiar feeling of drifting off to sleep, comfortably. No tossing and turning anymore.

"Night, Jay." She says slowly. "Love you."

Ashley hears James talking, but she can't understand any of it. She's already too far asleep.

____________________

*Click! Click! Click!*

Ashley and James almost simultaneously open their eyes and see Danny leaning over them with his knees on his bed and pointing his phone at them. He's got a huge smirk and is doing something on his phone.

"Danny!" Ashley squeals. "What are you doing?"

Danny bursts out laughing. He turns the phone towards them, and James and Ashley see a picture of themselves asleep. Ashley's head is resting on James' bare chest, her hand on his abs, and James' arm is wrapped around Ashley's shoulders, pulling her close, with his head buried in Ashley's hair.

James and Ashley's faces turn bright red as they look at the picture. James sees Ashley lunge forward and try to grab the phone out of Danny's hand. As soon as he feels Ashley's skin leave his, he immediately misses her warmth and wants to pull her back down and never let her go. Then he shakes his head and jumps up to help try and get Danny's phone.

"Hold on!" Danny quickly puts his phone in his pocket and puts his hands up. "I'm not gonna do anything with the pictures. I won't show them to anyone." He says slowly. Then he smirks. "They'll be my wedding present to you."

James and Ashley's mouths drop open, shocked that Danny even suggested that. Then they rush at Danny, and he runs out his door and down the stairs.